• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ansmann SC4?

I've just built 1 myself because like you I wanted to build a kit and for that price couldn't help myself. It was fun to build my first 4wd build. Havent got it running yet. When it is ill post something up.

Evo the kit doesnt have a slipper clutch it's an up grade in the pro versions I think. Well it will be up and running by Sunday for a weeks bashing (im on holiday) so I'll report back.

Evo the kit doesnt have a slipper clutch it's an up grade in the pro versions I think. Well it will be up and running by Sunday for a weeks bashing (im on holiday) so I'll report back.

Nice one jb, look forward to hearing how you got on with it.

Took it for a run this morning. Got a question to anyone who can help. I've got a 9t brushless in it with a 21t pinion. But the motor getting really hot???

Took it out for a run with 18t, seems ok. But it feels slow. Ive used the same system I had in my nexx sc and that felt twice as quick. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

ive just built 1 of these and found that the gear mesh was really tight when i put the diff housing on so i moved a shim on each diff to the otherside which has loosed the mesh off. may be worth trying to get the drive train running smoother to reduce friction.

Since its basically a 1/10th buggy ie a lot smaller and lighter than stuff like the SCRT10 and SCTE a 540 sized system will be plenty. In fact you'll struggle to fit an SC8 in there.

you would be able to use an ezrun system no problem like si said they are just a buggy with bigg bumpers and a larger shell fitted.

defo no room for a larger can motor as the motor sits low in the chassis so no adjustment up or down just left to right to adjust the mesh of the gears.and to be honest i dont think the gears or diffs would be up for that much torque from a 1/8th motor

• 3 weeks later...

hi bud, building the diff it tells you to put the little black rubber o ring on it make sure you put it in the groove on the screw not on the shaft otherwise it will undo itself. also when tightening the diff check it by using 2 small scre drivers in the out drives were the pins go hold 1 side still with the diff gear and turn the otherside if its loose tighten it up abit and try again you want it so it doesnt slip but doesnt feel tight to twist.

hope that helps.

also with the gear mesh make sure its loose i tryed mine and the motor got piping hot but was loose meshed so ive put a 13.5t motor in it with a slightly looser mesh on the pinion/spur to loosen the transmission think it might have been the ansmann motor that was tosh though.

• Like 1

when tightening the diff check it by using 2 small scre drivers in the out drives were the pins go hold 1 side still with the diff gear and turn the otherside if its loose tighten it up abit and try again you want it so it doesnt slip but doesnt feel tight to twist.

I'm building one too and i didn't really understand that 2 screwdriver thing. I just used a flat blade screwdriver to tighten the screw up in the end of the diff.

I'm currently struggling to build the central gearbox bit, with the spurgear. It's hard to interpret the diagram to work out the precise order of it all and the small pins that go in.

like this

20120702192941.jpg

and with the centre gear assembly it looks complecated but check you have the centre rod the right way to assemble it i put that straight together but forgot how to do it ill have a look tomorrow and take a pic of it