• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

no drill so cant do that and i`ve tried heating it up to push the remains out and replace the pin that way and no go there either so i guess new driveshafts on the way 

If you need a shot of a drill im sure I can help ya out :P

Some pretty nice cars in here  :thumbsup:

no drill so cant do that and i`ve tried heating it up to push the remains out and replace the pin that way and no go there either so i guess new driveshafts on the way 

Send them my way i'll happily drill them out for you and i've even got a set of pins going begging i'll stick in for you !!

Send them my way i'll happily drill them out for you and i've even got a set of pins going begging i'll stick in for you !!

thanks for the offer one my mate say`s he`ll give it a go so hopefully at the weekend all have it all sorted so i can bash the hell out of it again 

Edited by mini-z-awd

I can do a little better than a simple pic guys this is just how i did mine you guys can put you own twist on it 

First off set you slipper nut to where you want 

Next get some washers or shims which ever you prefer i used shims in the end NOT washers as i said early sorry that was on my old xs (8x10 mm) shims are better as you can get it spot on

DSC02520_zps66c88cbe.jpg

Next your have to remove the transmission with the motor on and take your shims or washers and work out how many will fill the gap between the cup and the nut,take out the holding grub screw on the output cup.  This one 

DSC02519_zpsd7c4e08f.jpg

Then add the washers and replace the cup, line it up and add some downward pressure so you can push the grub screw back in 

DSC02521_zps4a7c26ee.jpg

Then once its all in and back together the cup and spring should look like this 

DSC02522_zpsfe5f7858.jpg

Now the nut can't move back on the threads refit the transmission and go check it out if its too tight your have to lose a shim too lose add one but if you adjusted it first and measured it right it should be fine  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Wow, that's ingenuity for you :D

I have my slipper wayyyy tighter than that ha, on mine the spring can't go any tighter!

Had the XS out today, took all of about 3 minutes for it to loosen off again...re tightened it and near enough straight away it loosened off yet again :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Wrighty8766

You dont want it too tight, it will need some slip or you'll be burning through gears and cups if anything mine is a tad tight   :yes: mine will pop standing backflips on a 2s no trouble !!.. Its one mental little truck  :thumbsup: 

So glad i ended up with it now :yes:  

• Like 1

Il have to have a fiddle with it then next weekend and get it dialled in. I just hate all of the power that can be wasted when it slips too much, easier to just crank it all the way down, lol!

They are awesome little trucks, I have had an RTR one for around 2 years and recently bought an ss roller (thanks to the dark knight, top guy)

Il have to have a fiddle with it then next weekend and get it dialled in. I just hate all of the power that can be wasted when it slips too much, easier to just crank it all the way down, lol!

They are awesome little trucks, I have had an RTR one for around 2 years and recently bought an ss roller (thanks to the dark knight, top guy)

I was interested in that then past it up then time i went back he sold it now i know where !! 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a suggestion to a good waterproof ESC for the XS?

First i had a really bad Turnigy one that fried quickly and i got my money back for that one.

Then i bought a SC8WP which I've been running for the last 6 months - But it is driving me crazy by tripping the LVC far too early. Last time it shut down after 5 minutes on a 5000mAh battery. I've tried to set cutoff voltage as low as 2.8V and it makes no difference at all - It trips far to early anyway. So next up is a new ESC, but what to buy?

Does anyone have a suggestion to a good waterproof ESC for the XS?

First i had a really bad Turnigy one that fried quickly and i got my money back for that one.

Then i bought a SC8WP which I've been running for the last 6 months - But it is driving me crazy by tripping the LVC far too early. Last time it shut down after 5 minutes on a 5000mAh battery. I've tried to set cutoff voltage as low as 2.8V and it makes no difference at all - It trips far to early anyway. So next up is a new ESC, but what to buy?

ive had a couple of sc8 esc`s and i`ve never had that problem before if it were me i would try and contact the seller and see if they`ll replace it 

Thank you for you answers. 

The seller really don't care and states it as user error.

But I am pretty sure that it is the LVC, as the ESC blinks for low battery. Some days it trips almost immediately and other days i will get almost a full pack of use from it. 

Gearing is the same as stock on the RTR model. The LiPo's are ranging from 30 to 65C and have no problems in the RTR XS i mentioned before.

I've read quite a few complaining about the same behavior on their SC8. But could it be the motor ? That one is not new anymore..