• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

You shouldn't need thread lock on it

Make sure you follow the manual and use any shims etc if it wasn't doing it before you stripped it then it's something you have done so back step what you did ..

Trouble now thou is your more than likely need some new pads .. You may have gone to heavy on the grease on the gears they only need a very very small amount if you put to much in there then the pads get caked with it and slip which can be like the nut being loose ? Or you may have contaminated the pads on assembly with grease ?

I may of gone over on the grease i think :/

Should work now i think

Sent from my Fingers using the Tinternet

Anyone recommend some stiffer springs for the Savage XS SS shocks? threaded ally body ones? these are so weak don't even seem to have any spring to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all guys, I am new in the forum, I am from Spain! and yesterday my savage xs servo broke a tooth... So.. I was wondering if alturn usa servos was a good option, I saw the high torque and the ultra high torque (the difference in price is 3

Smash has/had them and got on well with them I think.

I had them too on one of my first builds but wasn't impressed with them, poor fit for the diff pins and screws supplied are too long.

I just want to make it a tank :) I know they already take a beating but I want to go nuts with this one hehe!!

how durable are the cvd's on this one David? I have had the hot racing ones and they lasted all of 3 mins till the shaft snapped in half lol

The CVD's are reasonably durable, only thing I used to do to them is replace the joint pin with a solid pin instead of using the stock one with the small flat for a grub screw. I always used to break the stock pins until I replaced them. I'd still break one very occasionally but nowhere near as bad as the stock ones.

The motor in these is one of the very best ive ever had it got quite warm but I put a propper castle 3800kv statior or wat ther called in it and it ran much cooler. I read it ups the performance too if you see a cheap kit anywhere grab it. Read up on it first tho apparently this is the part hpi told castle to build cheaper so fitting a propper castle one makes the motor a propper castle 1510 and more efficient. There's data chart comparisons somewhere and even a castle tech guy commenting on the thread verifying it.

Also afew people angry that hpi say its a castle motor bcos they fail more it reflects onto castle and hpi haven't fessed up to saying its a castle built to hpi requests but its still an awesome motor it made my slash 2wd nearly backflip if no rear bumper it would of b flipped all the way over.

As for the esc I havent found any thread as detailed as the motor one but the esc is definitely not on par with the castle sidewinder v2 its supposed to be so who knows what they cheaped on with that. Meaning the 3s problems cos the sidewinder can handle 3s fine. I never got to find out myself I fried my xs esc all by myself lol. Solderd a new connector on reversed so pos went to neg and it frazzled away. But the hobbywing sc8 wp is just

Sorry for long post telling you stuff you've probably already read but Im just trying to kill time and hopfully gove some avenues you can explore. I do led kits too if you fancy lighting it up. Youll save youself good money now by smearing shoo goo around the rear end skrimp take and shoo goo is best but alone shoo goo helps.

These shells fall to peices around the rear body mounts. Mayb fitting a skid plate desgised as a wing might help something like the traxxas rustler uses it will take all the gravel rash leaving shell like new.

• 2 weeks later...

Just won this on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231306978755

Was supposed to be for someone else but they tell me after the auction they don't want one anymore !!!

Oh well looks like I'm back in the clan !

Don't mind to be honest as I have been after one for a while now not a bad price but I'll save full judgement on it for when it comes !

• Like 1

Just won this on the bay

Was supposed to be for someone else but they tell me after the auction they don't want one anymore !!!

Don't mind to be honest as I have been after one for a while now not a bad price but I'll save full judgement on it for when it comes !

Welcome back  :thumbsup:

Just won this on the bay

Nice paint job :) what electrics does it have in it?

Edit! Duh...just used my noggin and checked the description haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Wrighty8766

Nice paint job :) what electrics does it have in it?

Edit! Duh...just used my noggin and checked the description haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all right, there not stopping maybe just the motor but the rest is going ?

Once it all gets here I'll update it with some better pics and bits I'm going to use

Couldn't stay away could you mydoddy69 :tease:

I'd like to see a good comparison between the XS SS and the Stampede 4x4.

I loved my XS SS which is why I've had a few, just coming back! Always fancied trying a Stampede 4x4 but never took the plunge yet.

Yep sorry couldn't help myself 

Anyway it turned up and by the looks had had very little use but we all know a secondhand truck can be a can of worms so i charged a 2's and went for a blast.. That then resulting in the motor finding its way to the sales and the esc and the truck went here 

DSC02470_zps1709b7cf.jpg

The wheels and tyres went to the correct place here 

DSC02471_zpseb1c15df.jpg

Left her to soak over night and gave her a good scrubbing when i went to empty out the dirty wateri found these in the bottom 

DSC02475_zps21a9f384.jpg

So at some point something had let go, all the bits sit waiting on a rebuild all clean and shiny now 

DSC02477_zpsc14d62ff.jpg

Not going to get any new drive cups etc just yet as the ones it came with don't have a single mark on them so ill just wait till they go .. Got a couple of small tricks to do on reassembly but thats for later 

Oh one last thing the shell it came with will be a basher shell not unless anyone wants to buy it ??

DSC02472_zpsbf6a48b0.jpg

Yep sorry couldn't help myself

Anyway it turned up and by the looks had had very little use but we all know a secondhand truck can be a can of worms so i charged a 2's and went for a blast.. That then resulting in the motor finding its way to the sales and the esc and the truck went here

DSC02470_zps1709b7cf.jpg

The wheels and tyres went to the correct place here

DSC02471_zpseb1c15df.jpg

Left her to soak over night and gave her a good scrubbing when i went to empty out the dirty wateri found these in the bottom

DSC02475_zps21a9f384.jpg

So at some point something had let go, all the bits sit waiting on a rebuild all clean and shiny now

DSC02477_zpsc14d62ff.jpg

Not going to get any new drive cups etc just yet as the ones it came with don't have a single mark on them so ill just wait till they go .. Got a couple of small tricks to do on reassembly but thats for later

Oh one last thing the shell it came with will be a basher shell not unless anyone wants to buy it ??

DSC02472_zpsbf6a48b0.jpg

What did you clean those parts in? They look way cleaner than I can ever get anything haha.

How much for the body?