• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

So im pretty sure everyone knows more than me about the mini savage but why is it so loud when i throttle on ?

Have rebuilt diffs as i thought it could be that but no better ?

Any idea's

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Have you got the motor meshed correctly? If it's too tight that can lead to extra noise. There should be a small amount of play between the spur and idler gears, just enough that you can feel them move when you rock them with your fingers.

Probably cos it's all metal drive mate with big power lol.

Im still waiting for a new chassis since I ruined mine im sending the shells to paint tomorrow nothing special its just eadier to let a friend paint it with his supplies and ive got him a hyper body to say thanks. Ive chose box art for std shell and blk/wht for the jeep.

Still need wheels and tires plus lipo.

So finally received my Savage Flux XS SS Roller thanks to froggy8. Even came with T-bone bumpers and wheelie bar! Excellent condition and looking forward to get this thing running  :yes:

• Like 1

You can solder them directly, or you can use 4mm bullet connectors. Up to you. If you want to solder them direct you can either solder them so the wires come out perpendicular to the motor, or laying flat along the motor, again, up to you.

I have connected mine with the bullets and then tidied them all up in the handle with a cable tie so protected. It works well and looks tidy ish considering the wires. You can just cable tie the wires to chassis.

excuse the mud was out today haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just broke the rear hub after the savage cartwheeled down the driveway and slammed into the gates lol

Good job the gates were closed as my car would have had a savage xs size dent in the bonnet lol

Would anyone recommend some upgraded rear hubs or just buy new hpi?????

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Scoobyslayer

Hi,

I've got a XS SS (two actually, one bought for spares) and found this great thread - Lost of great info here!

Recently i put in a SC8 ESC instead of the crappy Turnigy WP i used before. The new ESC is great, but i seem to get less run time out of my battery than when i used the old ESC. I use a 4250Kv motor, and the temps seem fine.

After 10-15min run it begins to loose power in periods until it stops completely for a while and blinks for LVC. My LVC is set for 3.2V.

I supect that it cuts the power a bit early - What settings and runtimes are you people getting of the SC8 ?

I get the same run times out of a 5000mah 2 cell mate with the sc8 in aswell

Allright thanks. Maybe my old ESC had the LVC set lower. But is it normal that it looses speed before cutoff? The manual only states that the ESC cuts the power.

Btw. the SS model seems to be discontinued :( Sad to see the kit versions go!

Yeah, the SC8 reduces power so you can drive the model back to you before cutting power altogether. I have the earlier non waterproof SC8, and I find that I get run times a bit better, closer to maybe 20 minutes. I have an SC8-WP in my Slash and it does seem to cut out a little early, so much so that I use an external LV alarm instead.

I havent set mine its standard, brought the programming card but cnt make it work haha. So its set at whatever it comes stock lol. Works good though

You can set the SC8 quite easily with the set button - I've done that many times.

Yeah, the SC8 reduces power so you can drive the model back to you before cutting power altogether. I have the earlier non waterproof SC8, and I find that I get run times a bit better, closer to maybe 20 minutes. I have an SC8-WP in my Slash and it does seem to cut out a little early, so much so that I use an external LV alarm instead.

Okay, I think i will give that a try ! Thanks.

The sc8 is known for cutting early if its set to 3.2v it'll prob cut it at 3.4v or higher. Ive heard people say to either lower the sc8 lvc settinv or turn it off and use a plug in lvc. I would rather the peice of mind knowing its cutting early tho.

Im ready to order the 2nd set of tires after getting the wrong size before.

Which would people say are better?

Masher 2.2 5inch tall 2.43 wide

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/7786/

Proline dirt works 2.2 4.20 tall 2.08 wide

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/7785/

Or others ill mainly run on road I think and perfer proline rubber I like the mashers being 5in theyll give better ground clearence for off road now and then plus be good on road. Let me know any recommendations from the list or other uk sites.

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/130/?cs=%7B105:[394]%7D

Also since those tire widths vary would that mean rim choice would vary too or will they all fit any 2.2 rim like the ads say?

They said that about the trencher 2.2 tho but they looked way too small so im being carful this time.

(Froggy) there 2.8 tho mate I want to avoid the probs that come with 2.8 tires if I can mayb go with hpi black spoked rims.

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/7852/

Edited by RCbutcher

Anyone help me out :s Im after 2 of the shock bottoms that the screws go through on the savage xs standard shocks. One of these http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/116844/?setMobile=2&auto=1 What you got that will do the job ? Thanks ste :thumbsup: Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Edited by Ste001