• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HemiStorm 5ive-T Penta body

Garry

Hemistorm-Penta-Losi5ive-T-1.jpg

HemiStorm introduce the Penta body shell for Losi's 5ive-T truck. The body kit consists of five main pieces as there are a new front section, roof, two doors and a rear panel giving the truck a totally buggy-like look. Apart from the 5 body panels the kit will also be supplied with 4 extra lexan panels. The two larger more square ones are to be mounted on the side of the cage, the other two can be used as a deflector on the rear quarters. All parts are made from clear 2.0mm lexan material and are ready for installation (sans paint of course).

Hemistorm-Penta-Losi5ive-T-2.jpg

Hemistorm-Penta-Losi5ive-T-3.jpg

Source: Area 52

I like this too, by the looks of things this shell won't be as vulnerable as standard SC shells to snapping at the rear and shouldn't catch air as easily.

Thank you for posting this, I appreciate it. I know it might not be fully for the European taste, and that it is quite outrageous shape wise, but I simply made it my interpretation of what the car should look like. It still leaves a lot of room for personalization, different cuts on window parts, etc.. The included deflectors are not a must use at all, I just wanted to supply them as a part of the kit since I thought they looked good on there. Again a matter of taste, and it leaves a lot of options for the potential user to decide on their own look.

Paint wise as well, the red one is my own personal shell. I always paint my own, I like my shells loud, it's executed like I always do. Graffiti on it lots of stuff going on. I can not help it, I just need to go all out when it comes to paint. On the blue one you can see what happens when I tone it down. ;)

I'm not a pro painter, nor do I claim to be, I'm just a passionate hobbyist with masking tape, rattle cans, an exacto knife and a mission to make things look, in some people's eyes, maybe even disgusting, hahaha. If you don't like my paint, that is absolutely fine.

It might look nice if it didn't have a disgusting paint job on it.

Good thing it comes in clear. ;)

I wouldn't be stupid enough to think that they came pre-painted, but would like to see the shape of the body with a more boring plain colour, such as white or similar, :lol:

:lol: I hear you, even at McDonalds I get accused of having disgusting taste at times. Loud colored shells aren't for everyone, and again, this one was very personal. I noticed, on another forum, a guy who had painted his fully black, it shows off the lines very well and if you make a Google search it will pop up. I hope you'll find it and it gives you a bit of a better idea of what the lines are about.

Thank you for posting this, I appreciate it. I know it might not be fully for the European taste, and that it is quite outrageous shape wise, but I simply made it my interpretation of what the car should look like. It still leaves a lot of room for personalization, different cuts on window parts, etc.. The included deflectors are not a must use at all, I just wanted to supply them as a part of the kit since I thought they looked good on there. Again a matter of taste, and it leaves a lot of options for the potential user to decide on their own look.

Paint wise as well, the red one is my own personal shell. I always paint my own, I like my shells loud, it's executed like I always do. Graffiti on it lots of stuff going on. I can not help it, I just need to go all out when it comes to paint. On the blue one you can see what happens when I tone it down. ;)

I'm not a pro painter, nor do I claim to be, I'm just a passionate hobbyist with masking tape, rattle cans, an exacto knife and a mission to make things look, in some people's eyes, maybe even disgusting, hahaha. If you don't like my paint, that is absolutely fine.

Good thing it comes in clear. ;)

i think it looks pretty nice j dont like the back

I think the problem with both the paint jobs is they don't emphasise the actual lines of the shell. The blue one in particular has the sort of bevelled lines coming into the front wing (fender) area and throws your eye out, similarly the pearl blue that you've used has very light area's and darker tones ( which is obviously the nature of the paint ), and while this looks great when you're showing off at the track it's another thing that throws your eye. I think this shell is fine but I don't think the paint schemes are allowing people to realise this. Also the top shot which I guess is a studio shot is over exposed and again this has caused detail to be lost. Perhaps painting it red or silver or maybe something neutral would have been a better way to emphasise the actual shape of the shell.

I've got nothing against the paint jobs you've done and with a rattle can that's brilliant but they unfortunately don't show the shell off in the best way, I appreciate these can't be cheap to manufacturer but in effect wasting one with a plain one colour job just for photo's which you could later decal up would have been a great next to your own fully painted one.

That's just my own opinion though.

• Like 1

I think the problem with both the paint jobs is they don't emphasise the actual lines of the shell. The blue one in particular has the sort of bevelled lines coming into the front wing (fender) area and throws your eye out, similarly the pearl blue that you've used has very light area's and darker tones ( which is obviously the nature of the paint ), and while this looks great when you're showing off at the track it's another thing that throws your eye. I think this shell is fine but I don't think the paint schemes are allowing people to realise this. Also the top shot which I guess is a studio shot is over exposed and again this has caused detail to be lost. Perhaps painting it red or silver or maybe something neutral would have been a better way to emphasise the actual shape of the shell.

I've got nothing against the paint jobs you've done and with a rattle can that's brilliant but they unfortunately don't show the shell off in the best way, I appreciate these can't be cheap to manufacturer but in effect wasting one with a plain one colour job just for photo's which you could later decal up would have been a great next to your own fully painted one.

That's just my own opinion though.

A very honest, well formulated and appreciated post, thank you for that!

I've been painting and airbrushing for about 26 years, the last 15 as a career so I like to try and offer advice if I can. I hope it helps and appreciate you reading it for it was and not taking it as an attack as so often happens on these forums...

I've been painting and airbrushing for about 26 years, the last 15 as a career so I like to try and offer advice if I can. I hope it helps and appreciate you reading it for it was and not taking it as an attack as so often happens on these forums...

It's quite easy to separate well meant, well written constructive criticism from comments that are just meant to be rude. I'll go and check out your work, sounds interesting. Again, painting for me us just another aspect of the hobby and I really enjoy doing it. Me still painting the old fashion way, with cans and tape, is an old joke that got out of hand. People tend to think an airbrush is required to get detailed results, I try to up the bar as far as possible for myself to see what can be achieved. I needed two head turners for the RCX show in Long Beach last month, and for that reason I went all out, and perhaps over the top on paint.