• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper tuning

There is no silver bullet to make it the quickest as there are so many variables involved, second hand nitros can be fraught with probs some visible and some hidden, personally i would have the engine out and check it all over for damage, lack of compression and air leaks before you attempt a tune, like the others said follow the guide to tuning in the general nitro section, what engine is it? If you know the model google it and download the manual, reset all the needles to the factory base settings and start your tune from there.. :) prob not what you want to hear but doing the the above can save something that should be fun becoming frustrating..

aye but whats the best to make it quickest

Lean it out an run it on 30% fuel to make it "quickest"', the engine wont last long though... immerse yourself in the links above before you touch it or youll be shelling out soe pennies!

get your self a temp gun if you havent and 25% fuel is the highest i would use in they engines, its what i use in mine, and keep the engine temp below 120 i find with 25% fuel and 111c on the temp to be a sweet spot for that engine for speed and power while staying way under temp :)

plus remember if the weather changes your gonna have to tune it again eg if the temp changes drastically or it starts raining humidity change it will need tuned again, one of the last times i took my hyper out it was a hot day and the next one was a cold day and it wouldnt even start untill i tweaked the needles while on the hot day it was ripping up stuff and running constantly with the same settings that wouldnt start on a cold day :)

Edited by Yrkoon