• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Ten SCTE Owners Thread

cheers for clearing that up AJ and apols for any misguided babble Mr Bruv :whistling:

Lol. No worries noj. You know a damn site more than me fella. Feel like I'm back at school with this RC lark. Hey what a great choice for a kids curriculum. This term boys and girls we are dropping English and maths for a new subject. Brushless motors, esc's and painting bodyshells. Cool. Very cool.

Ok. I already have the castle 10 amp bec on order. Just about to order the savox 1258tg and the castle USB link. Read on another forum that the only way to connect the bec and still be able to run the castle link software is to connect the bec direct to the servo and not the esc. Have I understood this correctly, and if so can someone (more than likely AJ, lol) show me a link to the correct adaptor link to do this. Preferably at modelsport, but anywhere else if they don't do it.

Also, are the pinions mod 1 and are the ones modelsport ok or again is there a better recommendation. I have a 16T in at the mo and the stock 18T. Cheers people.

Cancel my last, I think I understand what I have to do with the bec now. Either get an extension lead and remove the red wire (sounds like bomb disposal now, lol) or get a servo Y harness and go straight to servo. Just need a link to the correct pinion gears in the UK as getting fed up of keep ordering from USA.

Edited by Gazzabruv105

DSCF1206.jpgDSCF1205.jpgDSCF1206.jpgDSCF1209.jpg

Thought i would add some pics of my Not so RTR Ten SCTE. Nearly finished upgrading everything now, just need to go and beg to the wife. LOL. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gazzabruv105

VERY nice indeed Gaz, the shine on the shell is excellent. Hope you're bringing this to the Jam?

Sorry mate, i will be in Cornwall when this is on. I was thinking of coming as it sounds good fun and nice to finally put a face to members etc.