• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

anyone happen to know any domestic/commercial sparkies with their own business or who might be able to take someone on?

Looking to get my qualifications for doing domestic electrical work so i can get my SJIB card.

already time served in marine electrical/electronic installations with svq level 2 in performing engineering operations and svq level 3 in marine electrical/electronic installation and testing

also already done the secct test about 5 years ago :lol:

NC in electrical engineering practice and electronic engineering practice.

Looking to do the 17th edition regs and inspection/testing course off my own back to try and tease someone into taking me :lol: might even do PAT testing.

so i need to get my svq level 3 in electrical installation and the only way to do this is by getting in with someone and doing an adult training scheme which is pretty much another apprenticeship

cheers

Edited by stef1

just to let you guys know iam selling my hyper 7 so i have about a half gallon maybe more of byrons gen2 and about half a gallon of optifeul and three os.8 plugs also i think two fuel bottles one brand new and a fuel caddy holder if any of you guys are intersted let me know by pm all do a specail price lol if not it will all be going in a fs thread

Edited by mini-z-awd

just to let you guys know iam selling my hyper 7 so i have about a half gallon maybe more of byrons gen2 and about half a gallon of optifeul and three os.8 plugs also i think two fuel bottles one brand new and a fuel caddy holder if any of you guys are intersted let me know by pm all do a specail price lol if not it will all be going in a fs thread

What crawler u got /getting ?

How much is hyper ? My mate may b after one

Stef that's some list of quallys :)

Unfortunately I don't know any sparkys but kudos for doing all that off your own back. I don't suspect you'll have any trouble finding someone to take you on, you're probably one of the most talented blokes I know :)

Thanks mate,

I'm just waiting on the college getting back to me with prices and dates for doing the above courses, unfortunately it's probably going to be over the 1000 quid mark. As I think without them I'm lost in the crowd somewhere, hope my plan works.

Started writing a new cv aswell, how bloody hard is that? It's p1ss1ing me right off lol.

Anyone into writing cv's?

Thanks mate,

I'm just waiting on the college getting back to me with prices and dates for doing the above courses, unfortunately it's probably going to be over the 1000 quid mark. As I think without them I'm lost in the crowd somewhere, hope my plan works.

Started writing a new cv aswell, how bloody hard is that? It's p1ss1ing me right off lol.

Anyone into writing cv's?

If you look online you can get draft cvs , but make sure not to use one with bullet points and never make it more than 2 a4 pages long as a boss will be bored and highlight all things relevant to the job or position in question that you have done in career that will benefit you having that job

• Like 1

If you look online you can get draft cvs , but make sure not to use one with bullet points and never make it more than 2 a4 pages long as a boss will be bored and highlight all things relevant to the job or position in question that you have done in career that will benefit you having that job

Cheers man,

I have been looking at a few online and trying to come up with my own but I just don't really know what's the best way to go, what I include and what not to include...

For example for my marine sparky stuff should I put the units on that have made up my qualifications?

Having spoken to an old mate of mine tonight who deals with petroleum engineering side of things he has said that he could put me in a very good position with my qualifications to get onto the rigs... So I'm thinking about that right now... Working half the year starting at

Edited by stef1
  • Like 1

i like the body it looks pretty cool with the lights accessories fitted

A7A07584-A9EE-4F63-9DB0-E4F9396CF71B-1867-000001F4CD836250.jpg

The accessories came with it but its got the look like its been sitting in a barn for many years , the tire on the rear is coming off as that's weighing down the rear a bit , but with the 1.9 wheels it looks really true scale . I'm sure you will have a great time Sunday

Cheers man,

I have been looking at a few online and trying to come up with my own but I just don't really know what's the best way to go, what I include and what not to include...

For example for my marine sparky stuff should I put the units on that have made up my qualifications?

Having spoken to an old mate of mine tonight who deals with petroleum engineering side of things he has said that he could put me in a very good position with my qualifications to get onto the rigs... So I'm thinking about that right now... Working half the year starting at

• Like 1

Yeah mate put all info regards forces grades and all you have done , anything extra on it is a bonus . If you get a draft written up I can look it over for you and edit if needed

Cool will do man, it's just about done so I will email you a copy at some point over the week end. Should I put on it that in currently looking into doing courses etc..

Cool will do man, it's just about done so I will email you a copy at some point over the week end. Should I put on it that in currently looking into doing courses etc..

There would be no harm putting that in the about me section as that will show your focused and knowledgable in what you want to do

• Like 1

There would be no harm putting that in the about me section as that will show your focused and knowledgable in what you want to do

Ok cool.

So what order should I put things in then, so far I've got the objective (2 lines) and about what I'm looking to achieve, education, qualifications, unit credits, employment.

http://i1286.photobu...30E32DC4D11.jpg

Now with wood effect panelling on correct 2.2 suspension set up

loooking goob but iam not sure abotu the blue light in the cab lol

monkeying about with mine added the rear shocks of my hyper just to see what they were like and they seem tobe less stiff than the standard ones the front wont fit as the shafts are to short but i could try the shafts out fo the axial ones in the future if i wanted to and i should say the body is squint not the chassis i put the holes in the wrong place

161120125070.jpg

Edited by mini-z-awd

loooking goob but iam not sure abotu the blue light in the cab lol

monkeying about with mine added the rear shocks of my hyper just to see what they were like and they seem tobe less stiff than the standard ones the front wont fit as the shafts are to short but i could try the shafts out fo the axial ones in the future if i wanted to and i should say the body is squint not the chassis i put the holes in the wrong place

161120125070.jpg

That's cool that , u want more movement in the rear anyway bud so should b sound at that , haha bout the shell lol , I always check bout 5 times and level the bench I'm using lol but sure it's easy fix for ya , cover it wi one my custom tarpaulins hooked on ya body posts , it's amazin what they cover up lol .

With regards to the blue lights I need to dark tint the windows to mellow it down the bulbs are super bright torch bulbs so need to tone them down .

U lookin forward to Sunday ? Have u ever been crawling ?