• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

what part of fife? kincardine to newport is quite a distance lol. you spoke to stormbringer? he is in queensferry

Where ever suits everyone, im easy.

I speak to stormbringer often, he is usually quite flexible on location too.

where would be good for you?

cheers

stef

im the same really, what name some places you go and ill see what sort of distances they are. im just out side of portobello in edinburgh. wanting to get out tomorrow if you are free?

I normally use dunnikier park, near asda in Kirkcaldy. There are a few big fields, plenty of space and its usually quiet where I go. Went there with Alan before.

To be honest I'm not sure of any other good places.

Anywhere you would recommend?

I'm on leave Tuesday/Wednesday so I'm available no problem.

Cheers

Stef

hi guys

Rusty Dunnikier park is like bottom of Gypsy brae where we met up that time its a big grassy area and its pretty good and not quite as much doggy poo

unfortunately im not available evenings just now got a friend in hospital with cancer , can try make daytime sometime tho

you guys could always try Craigie quarry tho ( Stef knows where it is not sure if Rusty does tho but can give directions if needed )

Sorry to hear that Alan.

heres a quick image from google maps with the bit up dunnikier park, doesnt really show the area well but here goes. normally just park the car on the track around the tree, so its nice and close atleast.

dunnikierpark.jpg

Craigie quarry is good, but ive left half my off road tyres from the marder up there somewhere lol

Russell, you mentioned perth earlier, cant get it on google maps but i can get this,

Perth.jpg

gives you an idea of where its at.

I spoke to Si (my apologies if thats not your name :lol:) about having a meet up there again, he's quite interested. it is a good little spot, relatively quiet too

awww sorry to hear about that Alan hope they get better, my aunt once said to me only the brave get it.

thinking about going to get a monthly bash sorted out up at perth or something sorted between the 3 of us like some sort of rotation for locations as we are pretty spread.

these are the only google shots i could get of my local sites

whispsite.png

musselburghsite.png

a regular meet would be good, the more the merrier. those 2 sites look good, especially the first one - looks like it could be quite rutted and rough?

anyone thought about the summer jam? im waiting to hear back from nick then im possibly going to buy 2 weekend tickets.

Edited by stef1

it has defo being playing on my mind about the summer jam. looks amazing!!!

is there a point you can see the whole bing at broxburn al? my engine would definately take a beating WOT for a full tank lol.

yeah that is around 5 mins from my house, it is amazing. can be really tight in areas so good reactions and concentration is needed big time. need to watch out for the half bricks. some of the chunks that i have been took out the chassis are crazy. currently uploading a vid of one of the jumps. sorry about the long intro was engine was cold. my hump pack was pretty much done but i had to go big then go home lol.

Edited by Rusty1103

it has defo being playing on my mind about the summer jam. looks amazing!!!

yeah that is around 5 mins from my house, it is amazing. can be really tight in areas so good reactions and concentration is needed big time. need to watch out for the half bricks. some of the chunks that i have been took out the chassis are crazy. currently uploading a vid of one of the jumps. sorry about the long intro my hump pack was pretty much done but i had to go big then go home lol.

well im sure Alan will agree, thats me ****** then :lol:

looking forward to the video mate

yehh Stefs good at taking folks out , my shin still hasnt recovered from the marder , bricks poeple rocks no bother to stef he takes em all out lol

Rusty thats at the bottom of the bing on road from winchburgh to broxburn you can park at the diamond core drill place but leave acces to their gates clear then just cross the road

yehh Stefs good at taking folks out , my shin still hasnt recovered from the marder , bricks poeple rocks no bother to stef he takes em all out lol

Rusty thats at the bottom of the bing on road from winchburgh to broxburn you can park at the diamond core drill place but leave acces to their gates clear then just cross the road

FPMSL! Still cracks me up, sorry mate :lol: yes your right, i am one to beware of :lol: its all part of the bashing fun is it not, oh wait its r/c car bashing not r/c car bashing folk - thats where ive went wrong

Alan, you better get something robust to hide in for when the 5ive turns up lmao. Thinking of getting myself a little project to build with my portsmouth bonus on my wage this month - maybe a hpi baja 5sc ss kit

so that'll be a nitro buggy and 2 petrol trucks to dodge :lol:

Edited by stef1

me and my mate are usually out on a Sunday afternoon for a bit bashing...or breaking as that's what usually happens lol

were about a 15 min drive from kirkcaldy so dunnikier parks an option for us

anyone good at tuning nitro? mines needs a good tune and am rubbish lol

me and my mate are usually out on a Sunday afternoon for a bit bashing...or breaking as that's what usually happens lol

were about a 15 min drive from kirkcaldy so dunnikier parks an option for us

anyone good at tuning nitro? mines needs a good tune and am rubbish lol

would be happy to meet up sometime, the more the merrier. nitro tuning is a no for me im afraid, i stick to breaking :lol:

i just clicked the pic and it worked lol

you got some good air there mate :thumbsup:

but when it conked out i thought youd walked of in disgust lol :shockingscary:

ps

Stefs Alan avoidance system needs worked on rolmao :tease:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

there is another one which last 7 mins of pretty much the same thing and one with my cam attached to the wing pretty nasty landing with that one lol :D will need to try find the lead for my cam to get it tho.

walked off to get my gear together.

will need to get some vids of the other area. some sick jumps there :)