• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

I won't be able to make it drats :( going to get some steering arms soon In stock tomorrow :D

hope so mate :)

Today was awesome, im a tad burnt though lol. the losi 8ight is in need of a new clutch, its a goner, although i knew that from the start of the day. going to fit a 4 shoe the same as the truggy.

I don't think i broke anyones cars today atleast? lol

was great fun right enough and they are a good bunch of guys :thumbsup:

still cant believe the Hyper ST knocked your Baja onto its roof tho lol

hope you get the TT up and running soon Rusty :030:

was great fun right enough and they are a good bunch of guys :thumbsup:

still cant believe the Hyper ST knocked your Baja onto its roof tho lol

hope you get the TT up and running soon Rusty :030:

Yeah that was classic, it wasnt that much of a bump either?

I'm tempted to wait until 12 tonight to get them ordered lol, i think I may have found something that will fix the DT 10 as well, try it out tomorrow with some MT wheels :D anyone get any pics or vids of today?

Weather is looking good for Sunday troops :D will be getting a nice new buggy tomorrow, hopefully get the break in done on Saturday. Steering arms for the trophy will hopefully come tomorrow as well along with a couple of spur gears for the DT 10 :D I should last more than 45 minutes this time :D

hehe late drunk reply :) was cool meeting other rc guys and im the numpty that brought a ishima and a hyper 7 black then forgot my starter box lmao then used a xxb and a xxt leccys :)

thank god i brought some leccys with me, im wishing i brought my bandit, it would of been awesome fun on the track, since there was a bandit and rustler there, surprisingly the xxt came away with no damage at all cept for a knackered cooling fan on the esc and my xxb came away with no damage as well but a lose motor,esc and receiver lol nothing double sided tape cant fix and a screw driver which is amazing as my xxb came into contact with stefs baja beast thingy lol :)

cant wait to meet u guys again that was good fun an hey rusty pity you couldnt get there m8 :)

oh if any one is wondering what drugs i was using on weird devices that would of been my e-cigs with nicotine and the largest one goes from 3 to 6 volts at a few button presses, stopped smoking for almost 4 weeks now, ego batterys and a lava tube is awesome http://ukvapers.com/ :)

Edited by Yrkoon

no it wasnt was it lol just a nudge really and the baja rolled over maybe it thinks its a dog and wanted its belly rubbed lol :36_11_6[1]:

hehe dads hyper st knocker over stefs baja :P we went out again on a spur of the moment thingy just up the local quarry a few days ago and dads hyper st smacked into a big rock at full speed, his steering link came of the servo and we heard the bang/thud ouch noise it was very loud when it crashed i expected a wreck so just stayed where i was with my hyper 7 getting started on my box, then he brought his st back, which had a massive indent on the bumper and one of the suspension arms and that was the damage.... lol

dad said if it was his trophy he would be picking up parts for weeks lol

he also ran my ishima into a rock just before that.... i was having trouble gettign it tuned and finally got it almost right then dad had a shot, he whacked the throttle right down and i shouted mind the brakes there isnt any whack lol only broke a plastic connector for a steering rod, he should know by now my nitros dont have brakes lol :)

Edited by Yrkoon

Yrkoon good to meet you mate I was wondering what the hell you guys were smoking we couldnt work out if they were the sky cig things or some illegal bongs!!!!!!! You guys will need to come over more often. So loads of fixing for you guys then before you come back lol.

Rusty good to see you are coming back for some more fun. Dont hit the first jump you see with full beans this time you might last a bit longer lol.

Edited by loader

Well even if I do I will at least have 3 laps this time lol :D nah I will take it easy, I don't care if I come last in the races. All I want is 3 cars back in working order lol. Got 2 nice engines to tune up lol

Yrkoon good to meet you mate I was wondering what the hell you guys were smoking we couldnt work out if they were the sky cig things or some illegal bongs!!!!!!! You guys will need to come over more often. So loads of fixing for you guys then before you come back lol.

Rusty good to see you are coming back for some more fun. Dont hit the first jump you see with full beans this time you might last a bit longer lol.

hehe m8 they are far better than sky cigs and cheaper but the same sort of thing, we even mix up our own nicotine liquid with syringes lol, got every flavour from black forest gatuea to cuban cigar :)

what sort of motors were the rustler and bandit running kv wise? also what upgrades do they have over the stock ones? they looked pretty impressive ripping about, im running a 3300kv motor in my bandit xl5 (the stock system from my sparrow hawk xxt truck is in my bandit) with stock gearing and bearings in the wheel hubs instead of bushings, im deffo bringing my bandit next time although the anaconda street tires on it might provide a challenge on that track lol :)

edit: might bring my tamiya sand viper as well as the bandit i can get about 40-50 minutes out of one 2s battery on its 17 turn 540 brushed motor with my bandits xl-5 esc, the motor over heats but keeps going lol :)

Edited by Yrkoon

well most of the carnage from the quarry is now fixed and a new owb in the trophy so that should start now lol , ishima sorted , Hyper st sorted just needed a longer bolt and i put a nut on it this time instead of trusting to the threaded arm and ball so that shouldnt happen again lol , the rear dif went od the sledge hammer up the quarry as well but the parts have arrived and will get on that today

we wont be able to make sunday tho as folks are back from holliday and will be visiting them , but we will try make it in a future 1 tho

pretty decent repair list youve got there al lol. will be good to get out again tomorrow :D dont think i will be able to get the break in done today, maybe a tank or 2. well if she who must be obeyed lets me :xd:

Rusty I'm breaking in my new one as well so we can keep each other company lol.

Yrkoon the rusty is running the standard Vxl system and the bandit is running a very turned down 5.5t motor think it's 6000kv so he has loads of power left to play with James is going to fit bigger tyres and wheels to give him some ground clearance

Ha ha I'm thinking of one tank break in 1 tank bash with the truggy whilst the hyper is cooling :D my dad is coming as well he loves the DT 10, don't know how good he will be round a track tho lol. Who is running 27mghz? I have only got 1 set of crystals for the DT 10

well that was a great day!!! minus the lost wheel nut and broken starter belt lol. went to b and q after and got a nut for the hyper and done the last 2 tanks. once i done the 1st i got the trophy out and it decided to crash into a manhole cover breaking the front hub *doh* wasnt my fault...

Yeah the wheel nut isn't a repair, needto go home with something broke even if I dont mean to lol. It is a hyper 7 black :D it can shift, I love it!!!

Nobody had a clean day today did they? Or did robert and wee Danny break anything?

Edited by Rusty1103