• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

The space where the hot glue is  is where the other motor and transmission will be the battery will be on top of the top chassis plate . The two esc and reciver w will be on the steering servo (reciver ) esc in the space where the battery would been 

16149563774184428008449996370321.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Your a mad man! I love it! Video when running please!!!

Oi it's you nutters on here that's done this .  Showing.me what you done   lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jens said:

Just a hint with a smirk. 😉

My tires are a bit bigger (5") giving you a bit higher speed.

Cost £32 for the complete set.

+pipe lagging, +tire glue

Tempting? :cheers:

There's always someone with a bigger one😁 but how well do they perform when it's dirty......

I think the inserts have desintegrated my tyres are very soft! Old age!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Me too!!!

Iain the Carnage man!!

That's cool. I would even dare to do something like that...

Ha ha   cheers know to do but carnage lol .

But all in honest it was nothing . 

The outlaw transmission is a complete set up with the drive shaft sticking out both ends . The motor is a sealed part .top an bottom  so once the 5 screws down its sealed . So the centre drive shaft from the front drive to the motor it's the outlaw drive shaft  then the top plate chassis support fits the carnage and outlaw .so it fits from the front of the car to the top transmission. But then it's the very same from there to the back so why you need to chassis top plates . As at the mo I just done a patch up job till I get them  .then use the outlaw rear  drivenshaft  to the back drive to it 4x4 drive 

Henceforth why asked the other week for 2an hand outlaw /carnage parts .as I was choping up the   and didn't want to waste brand new parts . 

You can do this if you want 2 wheel drive  front or rear drive . 

6 hours ago, DavidBH said:

There's always someone with a bigger one😁 but how well do they perform when it's dirty......

I think the inserts have desintegrated my tyres are very soft! Old age!

They perform perfect in dirt.

My son has the same set since Christmas.

And trust me, he never misses a muddy puddle.

Before, I used up 3 sets of stock wheels.

Since I glued that set myself, all problems are gone.

The set I fixed yesterday is for the spare Carnage.

It's already the 4th set. One for each car now.

And all perfect.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jens said:

Well fortified Carnage/former vantage!

Hope you don't mind me pointing out a weakness I saw in the pics.

It seems that pinion & spur are no more covered and the spur is still the plastic one.

(But maybe I see it wrong in the pictures)

Any stones coming in and the spur is nicely rounded.

You will find hardened steel pinion/spur at ebay sold by David (also a member here).

Using the front CVDs in the rear is a good idea...

I also have carbon fiber top plate, everything open and plastic acetal spur gear...

When i was using plastic top plate and spur gear cover, i tried everything to close all the holes, but nothing helped, i think i had to change at least 4 spur gears due to damage from trapped litle stones...

since mounting the cf top plate and opening everything (also the hole on the bottom) i have no problems with this anymore. And it has been a year since i did it.

It seems to me that closing it all around just make it worse, not mentioning the troubles when cleaning and checking the mash...

Anyone remembers that i started a rebuilt few weeks ago? Well yeah, a few hours job resulted in 3 weeks 😐

The parts that were ordered a week before the rebuild showed up yesterday, after 4 weeks 🙄 package lost on the way and obviously found after some time...

Now it's in perfect condition again:

-new diff gears

-diffs filled with oil, 70k front and 30k rear

-all new slipper clutch parts

-replaced damaged bearings

-rebuilded shocks

-new front skid plate

Still need to reinforce the new bodyshell, but it is drivable now and i can use an old one...

While waiting for the parts i got an idea of selling it and buying something bigger (maybe a kraton 6s or E-revo 2.0)... The problem is just that the market here in my country is really small and i can already see that selling it would take ages... Unfortunately the shipping  to UK is quite expensive also and i guess that Brexit is not making it any easier... 😒 But i think we could sort something out...

And i don't even know what the value is, anyone has a clue about the price?

-a lot of spares (at least 100€ in there)

-brand new bodyshell

-Alu suspension holders

-Alu wheel hexes

-strut bars

-CF top plate

-48DP conversion

-MAX10SCT combo with a 3660 motor

-XT90 conversion

-Turnigy 12kg servo

-Turnigy Nano-tech 6000 mAh 65-130C hardcase - 1x

-Turnigy Nano-tech 5800 mAh 30-60C hardcase - 1x

-set of UNUSED Proline trencher LP tyres on raid 6x30 wheels

-sanwa MX-V radio system

I am sure i forgot something, but just to give you an idea... Is there anyone to make an offer for the whole set?

spacer.png

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, zlab said:

Anyone remembers that i started a rebuilt few weeks ago? Well yeah, a few hours job resulted in 3 weeks 😐

The parts that were ordered a week before the rebuild showed up yesterday, after 4 weeks 🙄 package lost on the way and obviously found after some time...

Now it's in perfect condition again:

-new diff gears

-diffs filled with oil, 70k front and 30k rear

-all new slipper clutch parts

-replaced damaged bearings

-rebuilded shocks

-new front skid plate

Still need to reinforce the new bodyshell, but it is drivable now and i can use an old one...

While waiting for the parts i got an idea of selling it and buying something bigger (maybe a kraton 6s or E-revo 2.0)... The problem is just that the market here in my country is really small and i can already see that selling it would take ages... Unfortunately the shipping  to UK is quite expensive also and i guess that Brexit is not making it any easier... 😒 But i think we could sort something out...

And i don't even know what the value is, anyone has a clue about the price?

-a lot of spares (at least 100€ in there)

-brand new bodyshell

-Alu suspension holders

-Alu wheel hexes

-strut bars

-CF top plate

-48DP conversion

-MAX10SCT combo with a 3660 motor

-XT90 conversion

-Turnigy 12kg servo

-Turnigy Nano-tech 6000 mAh 65-130C hardcase - 1x

-Turnigy Nano-tech 5800 mAh 30-60C hardcase - 1x

-set of UNUSED Proline trencher LP tyres on raid 6x30 wheels

-sanwa MX-V radio system

I am sure i forgot something, but just to give you an idea... Is there anyone to make an offer for the whole set?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Won't be easy to sell to here, with all the new customs regulations.

If it is located here, you would find quite a number interested buyers ( including me :-) )

What you can do is to sell it via ebay UK.

Online marketplaces seem to enjoy a somewhat special status within the new customs regulations.

Let them handle the shipping for you.

Then you advertise the ebay link here in the sales section.

Germany also has quite a big modelsport community.

But then it is so regulated, that your Carnage won't find a large seller base.

Anything above 18kph cannot just bash anywhere.

Don't know about other EU countries...

Lost and found in the post . I had a empty envelope delivered in a plastic bag thursday  it was sent cupl months ago by a member off here with two small parts to block the hole in the motor mount on the carnage . It turned up  missing the two wee parts . Lucky he resent the two parts . Which arrived few days later 

On 05/03/2021 at 11:18, Jens said:

Well fortified Carnage/former vantage!

Hope you don't mind me pointing out a weakness I saw in the pics.

It seems that pinion & spur are no more covered and the spur is still the plastic one.

(But maybe I see it wrong in the pictures)

Any stones coming in and the spur is nicely rounded.

You will find hardened steel pinion/spur at ebay sold by David (also a member here).

Using the front CVDs in the rear is a good idea...

It’s the hardened version 74tand 19 pinion  been strong no issues so far will get the metal one next but 

On 04/03/2021 at 22:44, Iain .R said:

Hi m8 where did you get the stainless steel screws (I think there stainless S)   as iv been sorting my carnage/outlaw and keep rounding off the crap screws . 

eBay mate 👍🏻👍🏻 Not the best keep stripping them 

21 hours ago, Jens said:

They perform perfect in dirt.

My son has the same set since Christmas.

And trust me, he never misses a muddy puddle.

Before, I used up 3 sets of stock wheels.

Since I glued that set myself, all problems are gone.

The set I fixed yesterday is for the spare Carnage.

It's already the 4th set. One for each car now.

And all perfect.

Where did you get them from? Very tempted... I seem more interested these days then my son in the car!

2 hours ago, DavidBH said:

Where did you get them from? Very tempted... I seem more interested these days then my son in the car!

eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCS-Wheels-Tires-Set-1-10-Rc-Monster-Truck-For-Losi-Tenacity-Mt-12mm-Hex/154220196248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I just finished a video where you see the wheels doing its job well.

The Beast and the Beastmaster.

I never realized how much power the Carnage has with the Hobbywing Combo until I was editing the video on my computer.

And never realized how my kiddo is actually able to control that power.

• Like 1

Dang thats got some punch, gotta love the kids, they really push the trucks to the limits with 0 fear. Famous last words, dad watch this 😂

Great control from your young driver had a good coach, really tamed the beast! Starts off hard with tears but when they get the hang of it always smiles. Love the weekends and RC! Blast on!
Thinking ill be getting a set of these at some point, might save the jeep body that seems to be a tank!
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/330535/

Edited by Redback

So today I swapped  my carnage 550 15t motor out for a brusless  3650   3300kv  motor  so after fitting it all when I drive it  there is no response to the  as the car is I think   COGGING   as its struggling to move  then it inchs forwards and shoots off at speed.  Then once its going  it's ok till you stop or try to reverse then its stuttering jerking till it move . So I did this for a few minutes the stopped as I'm sure it's not doing any good . 

How do I sort this out .  Cheers 

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

So today I swapped  my carnage 550 15t motor out for a brusless  3650   3300kv  motor  so after fitting it all when I drive it  there is no response to the  as the car is I think   COGGING   as its struggling to move  then it inchs forwards and shoots off at speed.  Then once its going  it's ok till you stop or try to reverse then its stuttering jerking till it move . So I did this for a few minutes the stopped as I'm sure it's not doing any good . 

How do I sort this out .  Cheers 

Hi Iain,

what is your complete setup?

ESC, Motor, Battery, Pinion...

I am back at the pit stop with my son's Carnage after this weekend.

No accidents, but he really bashed the car hard to its limit.

- All 4 CVDs bent

- Body shell posts broken

- Front bumper broken

- Probably the body shell

Still haven't checked the car thoroughly.

Possibly some more things broke.

--> Wheel hubs, wheel hexes, stub axles

I think I need to get something like a cage.

Here another round of today's JUMPS:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Hi Iain,

what is your complete setup?

ESC, Motor, Battery, Pinion...

3650 3300KV Brushless Motor + 45A ESC Card Combo Car Kit For 1/10 RC Car Truck.

.RoaringTop 7.4V 50C 5200mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery with Deans Connector for RC Car.

65T Alloy spur gear .

17T pinon .

1 hour ago, DavidBH said:

Are you still using the NiMH batteries? I found I had to push the car to get it to move do jumped to 3s lipo and no issues now except high speed crashes and I believe running out of power too quickly.

Hi no m8 I bought lipos for the new brusless set up . 

RoaringTop 7.4V 50C 5200mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery with Deans Connector for RC Car

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Hi no m8 I bought lipos for the new brusless set up . 

RoaringTop 7.4V 50C 5200mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery with Deans Connector for RC Car

Will that's the end of my one and only idea that you may not be getting enough torque from an NiMH. One thing I did do to my gears when I rebuilt is I sprayed the gears with silicone to try and cut down on friction. Could the meshing be too tight?

21 minutes ago, DavidBH said:

Will that's the end of my one and only idea that you may not be getting enough torque from an NiMH. One thing I did do to my gears when I rebuilt is I sprayed the gears with silicone to try and cut down on friction. Could the meshing be too tight?

Hi.m8.  I bought some lipos as you guys on here said that  my NiMH batts would  bot be strong enough or last on brushless . 

So made the full jump  lol .

I did the paper test between the gears   crushes the papers but dont rip the paper.  So I think there ok . 

If I hold the 4 wheels off the ground  it works like mint    but soon as the weight goes on the wheels its jerks struggles then shoots off   lol . 

So how to stop cogging   .  

• Like 1