• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Just the spur gear dave but get yourself a rw pinion whilst your at it, the brass ftx ones are *****! Did you get a sealed spur cover ? If not get one at the same time They seal the spur and pinion brilliantly stopping all the stones getting in and saving the spir from stripping like yours has. Get some slipper pads as well in case you decide yours need replacing when you strip the slipper down to get the spur gear out.

Just the spur gear dave but get yourself a rw pinion whilst your at it, the brass ftx ones are *****! Did you get a sealed spur cover ? If not get one at the same time They seal the spur and pinion brilliantly stopping all the stones getting in and saving the spir from stripping like yours has. Get some slipper pads as well in case you decide yours need replacing when you strip the slipper down to get the spur gear out.

Sorry mate what's an rw pinion? :-/

I did mate, however I forgot to put tape on the bottom......idiot! Lol

Cheers pal :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate what's an rw pinion? :-/

I did mate, however I forgot to put tape on the bottom......idiot! Lol

Cheers pal :-)

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/cars.html

48dp pitch btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Todays bash spot.. broke a rear arm, rear body posts then front body posts and rounded a hex in one wheel.. had great fun and really punished the carnage with 4 x 3s 5000 mAh and tbe  a couple of 4000 mAh 2s.. definitely need to get something a bit beefier! 

20170325_180028_zpsvzmlqrqy.jpg[/URL]

Todays bash spot.. broke a rear arm, rear body posts then front body posts and rounded a hex in one wheel.. had great fun and really punished the carnage with 4 x 3s 5000 mAh and tbe  a couple of 4000 mAh 2s.. definitely need to get something a bit beefier! 

20170325_180028_zpsvzmlqrqy.jpg[/url]

Cheers for the info bud :-)

That spot looks quality, where is it?

Its a bmx track near me in Grimsby, if your ever this way on let me know and we can go for a bash!  its so much fun but you can destroy a car pretty easy if you get carried away, i took a short video on my phone, will see if i can get it on youtube... wont be as professional as yours though dave! Lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Isle of Wight Basher said:

I'm wondering if this will fit on a Hooligan, and hopefully stop gravel etc getting to the spur gear.

Any chance of a picture with it fitted ?

Nope, Hooligan chassis is narrower than the Carnage. Have already tried...............................

• Like 1

Ok guys.... its just a quick vid from the mobile.. had it propped on a post! Will think about taking a gopro next time ;)

Yes the driving is bad, yes the car sounds rough... so would you after the punishment it had! 

• Like 2

Its a bmx track near me in Grimsby, if your ever this way on let me know and we can go for a bash!  its so much fun but you can destroy a car pretty easy if you get carried away, i took a short video on my phone, will see if i can get it on youtube... wont be as professional as yours though dave! Lol

Looks awesome! Yeah I'd be definitely up for that.

Get it uploaded so we can have a gander, I got loads of footage today....about 30GBs worth ha!

Ok guys.... its just a quick vid from the mobile.. had it propped on a post! Will think about taking a gopro next time [emoji6]

Yes the driving is bad, yes the car sounds rough... so would you after the punishment it had! 

Awesome mate!

2 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Is that a carboard cutout in the background? Dude never moved!

Lol, he was pretending not to be watching me cause hes an awesome cool biker dude... he eventually said hello about an hour later and i let him have a go

• Like 2

On 13/03/2017 at 13:49, Simmyoto said:

Yes and no- You would need to buy a set of the Carnage body posts to attach to the front body mounts You would need to make new mounting holes in the shell as well.-

the shell would sit high and long and the wheels would look strange as they are small compared to the carnage wheels.  The vantage is shorter than the carnage and the carnage wheel track is also wider- the carnage suspension arms are longer- There are members who have converted vantages to Carnages-  you'll have to read back through this thread.  What is it that you are trying to achieve? 

I've broken my vantage shell! Do any of you know what other shells would be compatible without having to make loads of alterations as described above?

19 minutes ago, corpsstandard said:

I've broken my vantage shell! Do any of you know what other shells would be compatible without having to make loads of alterations as described above?

Sorry.. im not really sure about compatible vantage shells, i would guess most 1 10th buggy shells, if you call or email the boys at modelsport they will point you in the right direction, whatever you decide dont get another ftx shell... they are just trash, they are not at all durable.. a proline shell would last the longest but youd have to check r.e fitment 

• Like 1

Just painted an hpi dsx 2 body up for the carnage, been years since i painted one and didn't want to wreck a proline! Ill go for something a bit more adventurous next time!

20170327_213257_zpspt8lmvnt.jpg

20170327_213313_zpsp00cjjgy.jpg

20170327_213529_zpsjsmta5al.jpg

Edited by Simmyoto
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Just taken the Carnage out after fixing the Spur gear but I only seem to be getting 2WD (rear). I've checked to make sure the blue bar in the middle is connected which it is.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what I should look at?

Cheers

Is the blue drive shaft spinning when you put on the power? 3 likely suspects... 1 the driveshaft drive cup on the end of the slilper shaft.. make sure you have the grub screw tight and its on the flat section of the shaft (likely as you just replaced spur gear)2, drive pin sheared on one of the front cvds causing no drive due to it diffing out or 3 plastic wheel hex rounded and spinning in the wheel again causing diff out

Edited by Simmyoto

Could also be the drive cup on the front diff drive.

Or the pin in the CVD cup itself. I've snapped a couple of them in the past.