• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

I took my Carnage conversion on the local BMX track; wasn't so bad, only snapped the top piece of the carbon shock tower, where I had the aluminium body post mounted. At least the post is ok, the shock tower is too, kinda.

Just the top corner missing. Suspension still bolted in.

Bashed it for quite sometime too, and I must admit, it took a lot of abuse from flips, bad landings etc. So, not a bad outcome considering the time of the bash (around 30 mins).

Time for repairs........again. 

• Like 1

Thanks again to EVSSV - I managed to find a couple of hours today and this is how my Vantage now looks:

Hoping this will be acceptable to local club as would love to race it soon! Also converted it to two wheel drive by removing central shaft and the axels to both wheels from the diff. Speaking of which, when the car is up on a stand one rear wheel runs by default faster than the other - is this a shot diff? Can I fix that or will I need to replace that entire unit?

cool..Could they of not been mounted the other way round?like mine...I'm thking they might dig in once u go over and actually cause damage rather then limit it....but I may b wrong....see how they/u get on with them.... .report back . ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all-

I've bought a vantage as a holiday buggy and managed to kill a lipo with it..

The only internet access I have is a rubbish gprs signal on my phone so looking for instructions has proved painful...

Does anyone know if the low voltage cutoff can be programmed using the setup button on the switch or can it only be done with a programming card?

Cheers chaps

You need the etronix program card to change the lipo cut off, here is a link to modelsport uk,

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-photon-sbs-led-programming-card-2.1w-1-8th-/rc-car-products/385693

My FTX Carnage is my first hobby-grade RC. I love it and all that, but it breaks. A lot. The parts are cheap to buy, but the volume of spares I have bought for a car that's only two months old is astonishing. I upgraded to brushless and have already spent

What kind of parts have been breaking? I've had mine about a week and so far I've driven it through sheep poo, rolled it, cartwheeled it at top speed, driven it into huge puddles, rocks and my girlfriend (!) and so far nothing has broken...

I've had my Vantage for almost a year and apart from the rear wing itself the first thing I broke was the wing mount tonight. Was a bit of a dodgy landing like! 

Been stripping gears recently aswell, 3s is far too much fun though! 

I've had my Vantage for almost a year and apart from the rear wing itself the first thing I broke was the wing mount tonight. Was a bit of a dodgy landing like! 

Been stripping gears recently aswell, 3s is far too much fun though! 

Stripping the spur? How's your mesh between the spur and pinion? How tight is the slipper?

I'm running my Hooligan on 3s and have only stripped one spur so far. 

I've done the paper test when fitting them and the paper doesn't rip. It seems the pinion wears itself somehow and then cuts the spur down when it goes into reverse.

Ordered a tamiya pinion to see if that helps.

Cheers

Steven

Edit: slipper was right up right originally but I backed it off loads so that shouldn't be a problem hopefully!

Edited by Steven.T

Only back your slipper off quarter of a turn at a time otherwise you risk burning up your clutch just a word of warning :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I own a Carnage brushless. I just lost the part that holds the wheel from the outside.

Is this the wheel hub under the codename of FTX6224?

Is this the only thing that I need in order to fix it?

Is it worth to get the aluminum ones instead of the standard cheap ones?

Will other normal 12mm nuts do the job?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Hi guys, I own a Carnage brushless. I just lost the part that holds the wheel from the outside.

Is this the wheel hub under the codename of FTX6224?

Is this the only thing that I need in order to fix it?

Is it worth to get the aluminum ones instead of the standard cheap ones?

Will other normal 12mm nuts do the job?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Do you mean that you have lost the 12mm hex or you have a lost a wheel nut?

That would be a wheel nut

They are a standard fit for almost all 1/10 th models so are easy to find online for cheap in bulk in case you lose any more

A little bit of blue threadlock on them left to cure for 24hr helps them stay on much better

Edited by Relativenewbyseb
  • Like 1

That would be a wheel nut

They are a standard fit for almost all 1/10 th models so are easy to find online for cheap in bulk in case you lose any more

A little bit of blue threadlock on them left to cure for 24hr helps them stay on much better

Thanks! Are the aluminum worthy for their price?? Or it's ok to go with the standard cheap ones?

You can have anything that is the correct size and preferably ones that have a serrated face with nylock thread as they will be the best for staying on in the long run

Che k out part code 1747r by traxxas there the ones I use on my vantage

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I am both new here and to the RC world. So far I'm loving it.

I started by buying my son a brushed Marauder for his birthday and was so impressed I ended up buying myself the brushless Carnage. I couldn't believe the power/speed difference!

It is now a month later and after a few successful repairs I feel ready to start upgrading both vehicles. I've already upgraded both cars' batteries from a nimh 1800 - 3000 in the Marauder and to a 7.2 5200 50cc in the Carnage. I am now considering upgrading the motor and esc in the Carnage and putting the stock ones into my son's Marauder. However, it is at this point hings become technical and I thought it would be a good idea to check with you cool folk before doing something likely to blow up one of our cars/house :)

As we only use our cars for driving around a field/dirt track I'm not super interested in maxing out speed potential... although I definitely would like to see an increase. So, this is the motor/esc I'm thinking of putting in the Carnage, or possibly this one. From what I gather these are similar to the stock one I have, just with a lot more power? Does this seem like a good upgrade for running through long/wet grass and climbing hills? Which is better do you think?

My reading has led me to believe that possibly I should be looking at getting a combo with a lower kv and higher torque. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

(also any advice on gearing for bashing with the new motor would be awesome)

Edited by flynnmichael81