• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

If you're going for that ESC, go for a lower KV / higher turn version of the same motor (such as this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29668__EZ_RUN_Brushless_Motor_12T_3300Kv_UK_Warehouse_.html ) as that ESC has a stated limit of 4,000KV for offroad use and 4,500 for onroad only.

hi all im new i have read the whole thread but still have a question i can't find the answer to and wonder if someone could help me, im trying to find out what the offset of the wheels on my carnage are? thanks in advance joe.

Hi all, I'm looking for the Vantage BL to run it at my club and to participate to opens sometimes. Is the car able to handle some races or just totally helpless?

I hesitate between FTX Vantage and Hobbytech Survolt BX-10. As FTX is unknown in France, that's why i'm asking to you ;)

Hi all, I'm looking for the Vantage BL to run it at my club and to participate to opens sometimes. Is the car able to handle some races or just totally helpless?

I hesitate between FTX Vantage and Hobbytech Survolt BX-10. As FTX is unknown in France, that's why i'm asking to you ;)

With a few upgrades it will race well! You need to strengthen the chassis with the carbon fibre top plate as it flexes a lot with the stock one.

If your track has long straights then a 3S battery is good too, it is crazy fast on 3S. If its more technical, stick to 2S.

A faster steering servo might also be a good idea, though the stock on isn't bad at all. These upgrades are very cheap, you'll have a fast car for

I've raced mine and i wasnt too ridiculous considering my driving skills! :whistling:

However you will need the following:

lower turn motor than stock: i have 9t

different servo: stock one is too slow

steering setup to achieve tighter turns (see 1 of my post in this thread http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/138437-ftx-vantagecarnage-owners-thread/page__st__360#entry1439691)

tyres adapted to your surface:stock ones are only good for bashing.

if you can afford the carbon fibre top deck and suspension tower, it will break less!

Also, depending on surface, lowering chassis can be a challenge with stock suspensions.

for 3s.... yes it is very fast and hard to handle but since it is not allowed for racing in brca 1/10th, i wouldn't bother.

personally i would go for a little bit heavier than that. 6kg would be better. you also need to keep an eye on the speed of the servo.

from memory, you need to look at something like 11-13ms

this mamba is a very good system but it seems a bit of an overkill for the vantage.

you would be better of getting a cheaper system but sensored.

Thanks rhum

I have a etronix motor sensor-less and hpi vapour can you recomend anything with more power and what kv should I use?.

As for the servo should I get a better one even if I don't do that stearing setup?

Right now my rc is in my local hobby shop [just had a call from them and sounds like it's a compatibilty problem (but I wouldn't be that stupid)] so I can't remeber what the kv rating is sry.

What number of teeth on the pinion would be a good idea for my car?

PS is the what does ms mean?

Edited by burnoutforzai

• 2 weeks later...

So after taking 2 days to read all the posts in the thread no one appears to have the same issues as I had, (luckily I've fixed it)

the esc on my brushless vantage almost seemed too big for the slot, the capasitors that stuck out of the end were actually rubbing on the shell, also on the other side of the esc the bolts were chewing my drive shaft. I resolved this by rotating my esc and supporting the underside with a 2 p and more selotape sticky pads :-) re-cable tied and not tested yet, hopefully today at lunch but i will keep you informed,

next mod in the post is velcro to run around the edge of the shell -make it more waterproof,

has anyone got any ideas to get the radio hole sealed? And the big front section where the steering mechanism goes, I want to try and make it nearly fully waterproof without using that 'goo' :-)

and ms means milli seconds lol

Edited by diago999

@diago999

Thnx for the info.

if you could help more *xD* what does this mean. (sry for being a noob...).

Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .09

Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 89

Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .07

Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 97.2

And (brace your self for ANOTHER nooby question) how do you post pictures?

Edited by burnoutforzai

@diago999

Thnx for the info.

if you could help more *xD* what does this mean. (sry for being a noob...).

Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .09

Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 89

Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .07

Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 97.2

And (brace your self for ANOTHER nooby question) how do you post pictures?

Speed means how long it takes to rotate the servo by 60 degrees, the stock servo movement. You're given speed with a 4.8v battery pack and a 6v one. Torque is the measure of the force the servo rotates with at the given voltage.

Not sure if anyone can help here. Ive got an ftx carnage 1/10 brushed truggy. When i take the battery out and look at it from the side, the bar that goes through the middle seems to be slanting down abit. Looking from the back of the car to the front. It looks as though the front socket is leaning downwards. Should this happen?

Slum if its any consolation my vantage looks exactly the same as the photo you've just posted, mine slants down at that similar angle too, not sure if its by design because it doesn't look like that cup that leads to the diff is able to move?

my carnage has looked like this after my first encounter with a tree. managed to hit it and bend the centre drive shaft whole front diff is slightly bent up on the front of the chassis. it has been fine ever since, with 30+ batts being used on it..