• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

5 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Hi I too remember seeing somthing about that too . 

But mine are very tight  when I say tight  there is very little play . 

Iv moved the suspension up and down to see if it makes the gap wider  but no  it's still very little gap . When one side is in as far as it goes on the other end it's not even half way down the cup . 

The only thing I can think of when it came put last time (if it was the same side ) I might got bent  so it got bit shorter and came out that way . .

Well new ones in night and tight   off for a bash friday for 2 hrs    

I just don’t understand why CVD’s aren’t installed in the factory by default to avoid this. That’s the answer though, replace the dog bones with them so if somehow one slips out, you don’t lose it.

Managed to make my front steering hub explode and bent the driveshaft today 😁 Luckily had spares lol

Put the suspension into "buggy stance" and It's a wheelie monster on grass now i've fixed the slipper, I did notice though that if i stop on an incline it doesn't want to go up it when i accelerate, it just chugs a bit but don't move and then i have to turn it on and off again, does that mean the slipper is too tight now? Or should i try it on a lower punch setting? it's on 3 out of 6 currently

Edited by Scottyb

1 hour ago, Scottyb said:

Managed to make my front steering hub explode and bent the driveshaft today 😁 Luckily had spares lol

Put the suspension into "buggy stance" and It's a wheelie monster on grass now i've fixed the slipper, I did notice though that if i stop on an incline it doesn't want to go up it when i accelerate, it just chugs a bit but don't move and then i have to turn it on and off again, does that mean the slipper is too tight now? Or should i try it on a lower punch setting? it's on 3 out of 6 currently

Probably means you’re geared too high. I had the same problem a while back. I kept on making the pinion larger to see what top speed I could get. I realised acceleration was getting poor on inclines. Reduced the pinion a bit and it’s been fine since.

13 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Probably means you’re geared too high. I had the same problem a while back. I kept on making the pinion larger to see what top speed I could get. I realised acceleration was getting poor on inclines. Reduced the pinion a bit and it’s been fine since.

I'm on a 12T on a 3300kv motor at the mo, I could try a 10 i guess, don't really want to go any lower than that!

7 minutes ago, Scottyb said:

I'm on a 12T on a 3300kv motor at the mo, I could try a 10 i guess, don't really want to go any lower than that!

12T with that spur and motor should be okay, im running 23T with 49T Acetal and it has plenty of go and runs 4s with 98mm tyres 

Not sure why it's doing it, just been out with it again and if i stop on the slightest bit of incline it just gives up. I'll have to check the mesh when it's dried off, everything else is fine and free on it, i think it only started doing it after i crashed it earlier today, i wonder if the motor might have moved a bit, it hit hard enough to make the front steering arm explode and destroy the driveshaft.

Fitted the alloy steering servo today and it's well made  looks very nice  works well   not been bashing it yet as I put lockite on the top nut to stop it coming off.  Also I had to custom the top chassis to fit it on to the  servo   saying that was very easy . So I'm out again monday I'll let you know how it goes . 

It's on barings so it's a nice smooth turn . Just not to sure how tight to do the nut  but I done it up till it was flat on top then lockedit . 

Going to buy the alloy ackman bar that goes underneath  look way better than plastic . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Fitted the alloy steering servo today

If it works (can’t be worse than original) please can you post a link to the one you have. Cheers

8 hours ago, Ant.p said:

If it works (can’t be worse than original) please can you post a link to the one you have. Cheers

Hi it was on this thread I got the link from I'll have a look . 

• Thanks 1

On 02/05/2021 at 02:41, Scottyb said:

You can search for VRX servo saver on AliExpress, they are about £6-7, don't know about delivery price as it keeps spazzing out on my phone.

Or you can get them off eBay (from China) for £12 Clicky

Here we go this is the one I bought  . 

It did take a bit to arrive but well worh it ..  

Well went out for a bash today with my carnage and the new steering servo   and WOW . So responsive iv just asked to buy 4 more off them .they are great . My other carnage has the plastic ones and the metal one runs rings round the plastic car . The turn is about 20 ft with plastic to 2 ft metal . One the best upgradeds iv bought . Just need to see how long it lasts . 

But that have to wait as iv ripped up my aluminium spur gear.  So I need a steel one at 65t   who sells them well cheesed off as the alloy one cost £20from the US and suppost to be indestructible.  So if emailed the seller and told him it's now toothless . 

Running it on fresh cut  grass  not even flat out  started to sound like diesel car  then stopped it to see if anything  stuck in the wheels  nope check the spur hardly any teeth .  Not happy . 

6 hours ago, Iain .R said:

But that have to wait as iv ripped up my aluminium spur gear.  So I need a steel one at 65t   who sells them well cheesed off as the alloy one cost £20from the US and suppost to be indestructible.  So if emailed the seller and told him it's now toothless . 

Running it on fresh cut  grass  not even flat out  started to sound like diesel car  then stopped it to see if anything  stuck in the wheels  nope check the spur hardly any teeth .  Not happy . 

What pinion were you using with it?  Did you fit a new pinion when you fitted the new spur?  Absolutely certain the pitch and mesh were correct?

12 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Well went out for a bash today with my carnage and the new steering servo   and WOW . So responsive iv just asked to buy 4 more off them .they are great . My other carnage has the plastic ones and the metal one runs rings round the plastic car . The turn is about 20 ft with plastic to 2 ft metal . One the best upgradeds iv bought . Just need to see how long it lasts . 

Have you looked at the RW Racing stuff? They're good quality products. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Yeah, I only use their stuff now when I’m replacing stock

Same here bud, can't fault them.

Can someone tell me the width of the carnage tyres please? Trying to find some on Amazon but all the truck ones are 120mm x 50mm ish which is the about the same as the Bugsta ones and i'd like them a bit smaller, Only others i can find are around 95mm x 38ish which seem a bit small 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Scottyb said:

Can someone tell me the width of the carnage tyres please? Trying to find some on Amazon but all the truck ones are 120mm x 50mm ish which is the about the same as the Bugsta ones and i'd like them a bit smaller, Only others i can find are around 95mm x 38ish which seem a bit small 🤷‍♂️

tyre width 57mm

rim width 40mm

72mm rim dimeter

115mm tyre dimeter

14 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

What pinion were you using with it?  Did you fit a new pinion when you fitted the new spur?  Absolutely certain the pitch and mesh were correct?

Steel one  the seller said it would be fine  (still no reply of him once I said his spur is not toothless ) 

The pinion Is new so was the spur 

Yeaa 32db   

65t to 17t  32db .