• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

The little pin inside the cvd at the wheel end can shear or come out. Outwardly looks fine but has come adrift inside. The giveaway is that the driveshaft goes round with the diff but all the power gets dumped to the wheel with the broken pin. You can buy them or make them if it is that and stick an oring over the top to keep them in if I remember correctly.

It happened to me. I used a body clip to make a new pin. 

And then the other day I took both pins out along with the propshaft. Fun. 

Hi all.

I'm new to this thread, and to the FTX Vantage!

I have recently upgraded my ESC and Motor: Speed Passion 3500k Motor and Reventon S ESC.

I have bought the FTX Vantage Motor Heat Sink, part no: FTX6373

My only problem is, it wont fit under the body shell.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dave

mine's just gained a set or aluminium rear lower arms (front ones are on back order with my LHS) and I'm almost finished working on a baja shell to fit. There is still some cutting and swearing to do but it's looking good so far.

There's some pro-line thrashers waiting to get belted and fitted to traxxas jato wheels, when the wheels turn up.

oh, and

I've ordered a tbone front bumper too

Here's where it's at so far. I'm waiting for wheels to arrive because my current rears have the wrong offset and are sitting too narrow.

The front doors and the wings need more trimming and the whole thing needs sorting out around the edges

ezeju2ug.jpg

avequ5uj.jpgqe9emyda.jpgymuje8ub.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could do with getting some longer rear posts and moving the shell back a bit. Other than that, it's looking good. 

• Like 1

Anyone interested in a FTX Pro rolling chasis with body?  I bought it a while back with the plan to transfer the electronics over from a normal vantage for my son but, but never got round to it, then fried the ESC and he's moved on from RC now anyway! ....geez!

Pictures are here.... looking for

Converted mine to brushless, went for the motor and esc that chewbacca linked. I must say that I'm very impressed compared to brushed :) :)

FE77544C-1711-4D4A-AFBA-A43CCF70F868_zps

• Like 1

Okay CVD arrived and fitted but still no front wheel drive even though driveshaft spinning - what next lol! Sway bars arrived too, has anyone got a pic of them installed? This would be greatly appreciated. Cheers D

Is the central propshaft spinning? What about the CVDs? Start at the wheels and work inwards and backwards. If you spin one wheel does the opposite one spin the other way? 

Converted mine to brushless, went for the motor and esc that chewbacca linked. I must say that I'm very impressed compared to brushed :) :)

FE77544C-1711-4D4A-AFBA-A43CCF70F868_zps

Glad my recommendation has passed muster! What pinion are you running? How are the temps?

Standard pinion atm, 17t? After 10 mins going up and down the street the motor was at 53 degrees

Standard pinion atm, 17t? After 10 mins going up and down the street the motor was at 53 degrees

Yeah 17 is standard. Is 53 not a bit hot?

Yeah 17 is standard. Is 53 not a bit hot?

This carnage is my first venture into the electric/ brushless world so still learning lol.

Pre conversion I did some research on here and read that anything below 80 is acceptable. Though I'm not sure if that applies to all scales?

I also read that if the motors hot and esc/lipos are cool then I may be under geared.

Any one fit a pro line 66 ford f100, or 50 chevy body ???? any pics. considering one of each for our two................

I'm gonna be fitting the '66 Ford I think. 

Am quite a good paint sprayer, not yet tried on something this small yet.got some cool ideas for paint jobs for 66. rat rod rusty look ,custom red body and arches with wood effect flat bed and box sides or even a race paint job with a  rear roll cage and a wing like on transformer truck ...