• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

30 minutes ago, The Hound said:

hi all,

anyone experienced rear CVDs popping out when cartwheeling ?

seems to happen all of a sudden on mine.

its been fine for ages until now

yup i bent 1 and it kept popping out after that.

20 minutes with a hammer and a metal plate getting it back PERFECTLY straight and its all good

Try wrapping the end in some aluminium tape or a bit of fluel hose in the drive cup as that will make it a slightly tighter fit but not so much that it binds. I used to have the same problem with my tamiya when turning full lock after a bit of aluminium tape all ok

6 hours ago, eatthis said:

anyone experienced rear CVDs popping out when cartwheeling ?

One of mine was doing the rear and the other just started the front drive shaft coming out under braking.

Move the wheel so suspension arm is fully up then down and see the dog bone position in the cup. Adjusting droop screw helps in down position. Are you running standard shocks? Perhaps adding small length of fuel tubing under the piston will help as will limit shock at full extension. I will try this when I change the shock oil.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd just check in and say that I'm going to be tarting up my Hyper ST very soon, new boots, shell etc 

I lost the rc bug for quite awhile but its coming back a bit again lol

Pics to follow when all my bits arrive :)

On 14/12/2016 at 10:28, bombercountynick said:

Welcome back! I've recently done the same and can't get enough rc at the minute! 

How long a break have you had? I think mines been about a year, although possibly a lot longer :/ 

3 hours ago, locky said:

What have you gone for, as was looking and not too much choice?

I went for some of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252103385766?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

I'll be showing off some pics when all my bits arrive :)

I'm also hoping the shell I bought fits as well...

(Probably should've measured it up before buying it lol, ah well too late now)

I think I just needed a time out as I had a lot going on in my life and a few things had to be put on hold for awhile

I'm looking forward to a few bits arriving hopefully next week - I must be insane to order stuff around Christmas time WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?

Have you got an ST or ST Pro?

14 hours ago, MAZ said:

I think I just needed a time out as I had a lot going on in my life and a few things had to be put on hold for awhile

I'm looking forward to a few bits arriving hopefully next week - I must be insane to order stuff around Christmas time WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?

Neither :lol: the Truggy I use is a hong nor x1crt.  I did have a hyper SS buggy but I've just given it to a friend of mine for Christmas, the hong nor may well be getting retired next year though spares are getting kind of hard to come by!

Hey still got some time yet for shiny parcels to come through the post!!!

Edited by bombercountynick

Have you got cnc rear hubs/uprights on your CRT?

I missed out on some for my ST as I was on my rowing machine and forgot to bid on them :boredlook:

Take no notice of the quoted thing below - my phone is being utterly poo :ack: :ack::boredlook:

On 14/12/2016 at 10:28, bombercountynick said:
16 hours ago, MAZ said:

18 hours ago, MAZ said:

I'm looking forward to a few bits arriving hopefully next week - I must be insane to order stuff around Christmas time WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?

U after sum decent  rims/tyres dude? ?

24 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Yep. Big Joe 2 size those beasts :doh:

Obviously I'll see what they look like when they're on but I can tell they'll be far too big for a truggy. Shame really because they look and feel fantastic