• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Epic - yes the main inspiration!  What wheel tire combo is that ?  Those are awesome

I based mine off a members model I think the username is Drexel.

SC8.2e method wheels with Proline Gladiators.

Dont get chrome wheels though, they suck.

I based mine off a members model I think the username is Drexel.

SC8.2e method wheels with Proline Gladiators.

Dont get chrome wheels though, they suck.

Thanks for the tip ... having a hard time locating bead lock or bead lock looking wheels for 1/8th - 17 mm hex and some decent tires - everything seems to be for crawlers now.

btw - what was / is the camber issue you were having that needed resolution ?  What did fit under the arches mean?  Tires not rubbing on the front wheel wells of the body?  All it needed to fix that was higher body posts?

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

I've seen a hub conversion kit for the hpi savage to run Baja 5b wheels I.e 24mm hex

Any idea if there's a way you can fit this kit to an st?

Would love a set of nightmare mx tyres on an st would look awesome IMO lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, I'm struggling to find tyres to fit my St Pro, I have the stock wheels and tyres at the moment but the tyres don't last long. What size do I need and what would you recommend? Badlands?

Badlands are awesome.....only issue is too much grip sometimes!!

I minced a diff in my ST this weekend running on 5s on the grass and I can only put it down to how much grip the truck now has.

HI guys, finally got my ST running - even on 4S she's plenty quick - but the ride height bothers me - I don't know if it's me expecting too much though as I've never owned an 8th Truggy before.  Serviced the stock shocks, hardest springs and 65w Oil but she still sat too low for me, presumed the shocks we're shot (though no apparent reason to be) so nicked the almost new Hong Nor Big bores and fitted them - marginal improvement but full laden and sat still she's not much higher than a 7.  Under acceleration she picks the front up nicely, but still sits a little ass down, only lifting the rear under braking.

As is I don't really want to jump it, which defeats it's whole existence for me.  Any thoughts, info on how high yours sit, would be much appreciated.  Fyi mines a Pro, fat HW 4274 and single 4S hardcase.

ta

Mines not all that high to be honest, the only thing I have done to improve it is put some spring spacers on the rear shocks around 20mm worth mind the lower rear arms should be at a 'slightly' inverted V

Mines not all that high to be honest, the only thing I have done to improve it is put some spring spacers on the rear shocks around 20mm worth mind the lower rear arms should be at a 'slightly' inverted V

Is that when 'sat'?  - mine are threaded shocks, and they needed the hardest springs and a lot of preload.  It soaks bumpy ground lovely...

Yes when sat I've tried to find some decent threaded shocks but not found anything that fits right so I'm just on standard grey springs with the pre load spacers and it does soak the bumps ok, I would like some threaded ones off eBay I found but not bought them yet lack of funds as I've been paying out loads on my 1:1 car

Yes when sat I've tried to find some decent threaded shocks but not found anything that fits right so I'm just on standard grey springs with the pre load spacers and it does soak the bumps ok, I would like some threaded ones off eBay I found but not bought them yet lack of funds as I've been paying out loads on my 1:1 car

Cheers.

The Big bores I had on the 7 (poss HN) fit but sat too low, but in hindsight they we're prob fine.  The set I have now are def HN, off a X1CRT, and bar about a mm are exactly the same length as the std shocks.  The donor truggy had some bling bling IRC towers with huge standoffs, so they we're no good as messed the geometry too much.  Stock standoffs are fine but a little loose in the eyes - not majorly and I always use a retaining nut/washer or similar.

I've seen people double up on the springs with the big bores, usually when the shocks are knacked and leak, they soaked landings up great though we're predictably bouncing all over the shop running on the rough stuff.  Maybe i'm expecting too much, idk.

Edited by capri-boy

Not sure if that's where you sourced yours, but if you do it via FB, there's a bit of discount to be had (no ebay fees) - I've had stuff like this - top guy and no issues.

if u message him for a deal he asks ebay or paypal. ....obviously paypal he do it cheaper. ..I asked him yesterday for 2 complete diffs cases with the diffs an pinions ect...20 quid for both....well cheap!!...I ended up buyin jus the case from je or apex...can't remember now..only 7.50. ..he's top dude for hyper parts...used him many a time now. Edited by evssv