• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Here's my ST with the 14T pinion on 4s.

Ran two 4s packs (@ 1h of playtime) and killed the fan on the ESC, I forgot to disconnect before getting the car wet  :whistling:

Other than that, the car is awesome !

What motor and esc combo are you running as that seems to go live stink!

OK, so I have now bought two Hyper ST rollers, one for myself and one for son, they should be here this week.

Here are my purchase choices for parts, please can someone give me the nod before I click buy.

Motor & ESC - Hobbywing 2000kv & SC8
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-sc-c4-2000kv-sc8-waterproof/rc-car-products/376991

Rx/Tx - Absima CR3P
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr3p-afhds-2.4ghz-3-channel-radio-system/rc-car-products/372690

I have ordered the conversion kit and the Losi 8 battery tray, 46T gear, so I now just need to order the above, a gear for the motor itself and Lippos/Charger.

Can someone point me in the direction of which (I think 4S) Lippo/Charger combo and which gear I should buy for the motor (on the basis that I am going to purchase the Motor/ESC combo listed above.

Many thanks 

Pomers

Edited by Pomsteroonie

That a fan you have on your motor? is it a 42 74 size motor? if so, which fan have you got? also, which receiver box is that?

yeah mate its a fan not sure on the size its a castle one

Rx box is a hpi one waterproof

Edited by Mick1979

Does anyone have a hyper st truggy 1/8 for sale?

I want to add one to my collection but finding it difficult to find one

Is everyone running brushless or are there people still on nitro?

I have 1 mate private message me for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so I have now bought two Hyper ST rollers, one for myself and one for son, they should be here this week.

Here are my purchase choices for parts, please can someone give me the nod before I click buy.

Motor & ESC - Hobbywing 2000kv & SC8

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-sc-c4-2000kv-sc8-waterproof/rc-car-products/376991

Rx/Tx - Absima CR3P

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr3p-afhds-2.4ghz-3-channel-radio-system/rc-car-products/372690

I have ordered the conversion kit and the Losi 8 battery tray, 46T gear, so I now just need to order the above, a gear for the motor itself and Lippos/Charger.

Can someone point me in the direction of which (I think 4S) Lippo/Charger combo and which gear I should buy for the motor (on the basis that I am going to purchase the Motor/ESC combo listed above.

Many thanks 

Pomers

So I got my LiPos and charger, just need someone to tell me if my Motor ESC combo and  Rx Tx are reasonable seclections and I will go and place the order.

One on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobao-Hyper-ST-Rolling-Chassis-/151313727284?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item233b003f34

Personally for the money being spent on the combo I'd buy a mamba monster.
Regarding tx/rx providing the range is good I don't think it really matters

Sent from Boeing 747

I've been thinking of this one, looks good to me?

• Like 1

Two, that to make it super dooper speedy...

What battery you going to get?

Oh in case you don't know, you can get a castle link cable to program them, change different settings, how much power is available from standstill, braking force etc.

Edited by bugster
  • Like 1

advice on diff oils please for hyper st pro build, what would be a good all round set up, its going to be nitro, got 3000wt and 5000wt included with kit, plus a small pot of grease, not be racing just yet, mainly bashing, any advice please would be appreciated, also any tips etc on the build as this is my first kit.