• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

I'll be joining the club in a few days. Took a chance on an ST on ebay, looked ok in the one blurry pic but I will soon find out. 47 quid including postage. :-D

Im not sure if it will stay nitro or I will turn it brushless. If the engine is any good I will get some use out of it.

47 posted? Lol, its about 15 quid only to post it, u sure you re not getting only a big picture with an st ?

So, batteries, should hopefully be getting my motor and ESC at the end of the month so I will be looking for batteries, what C rating does everybody use? I understand it affects how punchy the power is delivered but also the discharge rate, looking at HK they only do 20c and 30c in 2s and 3s lipos so would these be any good for the truggy?

Oops just seen that they do alot more c ratings in the 2s range, Ill have a look.

Edited by shdaxner

Bit of a sore subject mate. It was a mini st not the 8th scale one I thought it was. Didn't say anywhere on the listing it was the mini one, just said Hyper ST.

doh_zpscca363cb.gif

If it was listed wrong you should get you the money back.

Bit of a sore subject mate. It was a mini st not the 8th scale one I thought it was. Didn't say anywhere on the listing it was the mini one, just said Hyper ST.

got any pics of it though? I quite like the look of the mini ST

The seller doesn't want me to return it for a refund. According to the seller the fact it says mini on the upside down box the car is sat on in the 1 photo on the listing is enough for it to be my fault for not noticing.

I will let Ebay do their thing and see what happens.

Its already wrapped back up ready to send back to them.

That's a shame mate, think I saw this one on e-bay where it had one picture of it on the box?

I knew straight away it was a mini but I suppose if you are not use to seeing these and dont know what your looking at you would just go buy the name of it which yes it is a Hyper St but just the Mini. It says mini on the box which you can see in the picture, the seller should have listed its whole name which is on the box etc.

I had a Hyper Mini St which was converted to the Hyper TT then to brushless.

Thanks.

Yea it was that one. I didn't even know there was a mini ST till it turned up. I did have a good look at the pic as much as I could see on my phone but I wasn't really looking at the box.

Guess I need to be more careful in future but the seller still should have said what it was in the title and description.