• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Hmm, may need to put some thicker in the centre then.

I have been looking at bevel gear sets and I am confused now as I have heard that the Hyper 7 bevel gears are a different ratio/pitch to the ST ones but when I got the part number from the ST exploded view and search for them they seem to be marketed as Hyper 7 bevel gear set?

They are part number H87002 is this correct? I got this from the parts list on CML.

So, got round to stripping it down today and it is a pretty severe bend in the chassis, you can see it much clearer whilst nothing else is attached.

14113420392_ce79aa6420_c.jpg

It also snapped the front support bar.

13929820297_4ce975be19_c.jpg

The centre diff mount is also pretty much pringle shaped, Ill try and bend back the chassis sometime this week and also the diff mount but I may buy another just for a spare if anything.

So, got round to stripping it down today and it is a pretty severe bend in the chassis, you can see it much clearer whilst nothing else is attached.

14113420392_ce79aa6420_c.jpg

It also snapped the front support bar.

13929820297_4ce975be19_c.jpg

The centre diff mount is also pretty much pringle shaped, Ill try and bend back the chassis sometime this week and also the diff mount but I may buy another just for a spare if anything.

Jebus mate, that looks mental. Good job! I'll pm you later regarding parts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I found 4s with a 16t pinion to be quite slow really I currently run an 18t pinion and I just keep an eye on my temps but wanted something that I could run that sort of gearing on 5s and 6s and not worry.

what difference does having a wider motor give then?

alright mate how much different is it with 18t pinion

alright mate how much different is it with 18t pinion

It makes quite a big difference mate, I went from 16 to 18 and it was a big difference with 4s.

But, if running 5s or 6s you will need to gear down, I am not sure where you would need to start but I reckon 18t would be too much on 6s.

On another note, I bought a chassis from eBay last night, it is used but in no worse condition than mine and I got it for 99p plus

Edited by shdaxner

It makes quite a big difference mate, I went from 16 to 18 and it was a big difference with 4s.

But, if running 5s or 6s you will need to gear down, I am not sure where you would need to start but I reckon 18t would be too much on 6s.

cheers bud gonna order a 18t

On another note, I bought a chassis from eBay last night, it is used but in no worse condition than mine and I got it for 99p plus

Hi guys, My ST should be arriving today! 

Was looking for the hong nor big bore springs. Am i correct in thinking it is the st shocks with the big bore springs? 

Like these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-BIG-BORE-SHOCK-SPRINGS-SILVER-med-mp9-hong-nor-/271480575517?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3f3580d61d

FYI its a RTR and its for bashing! Wanted one for a while and after i got my hyper 7 and ss i thought it was time to get one!

Hi guys, My ST should be arriving today! 

Was looking for the hong nor big bore springs. Am i correct in thinking it is the st shocks with the big bore springs? 

Like these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-BIG-BORE-SHOCK-SPRINGS-SILVER-med-mp9-hong-nor-/271480575517?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3f3580d61d

FYI its a RTR and its for bashing! Wanted one for a while and after i got my hyper 7 and ss i thought it was time to get one!

Heya, the ST's stock shocks aren't as big as hong nor 16mm big bores so those springs won't fit (and they'd probably be too soft for bashing)

Stick with the ones you've got for now but try going thicker on the shock oil - try 65wt as a starting point and and use the shock spacers to add preload

Keep an eye on ebay for Big Bore shocks as they pop up quite often :)

Hope you enjoy the ST :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a Hyper ST, can anyone tell me what I need and where from, the parts I need to convert to electric please.

Also anything I need to upgrade to pro spec etc.

Thanks.

Edited by bugster