• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

"scale defender 90" more pics added 16/04 and again 03/06

Gaz!

heres the pics as promised, still mountains of work to do but i couldn`t wait to offer up the body onto the mounts and check out how it looks.......

landyupdate002.jpg

landyupdate003.jpg

landyupdate004.jpg

flex shots,

landyupdate005.jpg

landyupdate006.jpg

steel work,

landyupdate007.jpg

landyupdate008.jpg

landyupdate009.jpg

still no rear bumper as yet, was not happy with the ones made, got some alloy now for another attempt....

some new boots,

landyupdate010.jpg

what you thinking then chaps??

Quality mate, looking good!

Which body is that?

Great metal work, liking the front grill...you could make a few quit if you made some spares ;)

thanks for the kind words guys......

its the common hong kong hard body 90,

It`s getting there Gaz. When you bring it down I will sort out the wiring to the motor!

cheers mate, ill get a maplins box too before that for the esc to sit in.

really looking forward to having a play with this now......

need some gold losi springs though i think.....

Whites are bit hard, golds are the best really. But!, wait until your rig is complete all the fixtures and fittings of the D90 shell add a fair bit of weight.

My D90 runs fairly strong springs, without the bodyshell they hardly move, but with everything fitted on the shocks and springs work beutifully.

sound job, ill leave them for now then, cant believe how much smoother they are over all the others ive tried.....

theres a fair bit of weight already with the sliders and bumper, the rear will be alloy to save a bit of weight if i can. going to use a biggish 2s lipo for now too, to give longer run times.

they are mate, got a good deal though against the spare chassis that was far too good to miss.

let me know when your free mate and we`ll arrange with ig for a day out.

just painted all the window rubbers in and wheel arches black now.

tomorrow ill start sticking all the lights together and slap them on.

thanks to you all for the kind words. really excited to see this out on a trail, soon hopefully!!

Looking fantastic mate, tempted by one of those shells myself now....

dont blame you mate, theres a lot of work involved with them though,

the windows are not a perfect fit, no screws to hold the dash, glass or interior in, quite a lot of flashing to remove too.

but its all worthwhile in the end!!

once again, thanks all for the positive comments, ill update again this afternoon when the exterior is all done!

sorry the update is late, got a load more done today though, rear bumper, winch mount, most of the exterior detailing done now. just a few last little bits to do then onto the dreaded interior......

another90update005.jpg

another90update003.jpg

another90update004.jpg

another90update001.jpg

as always, comments welcomed.

need to real stiff springs for the front now though..... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

yeah man looking good, i see your copying my green steering linkage ;-)

i noticed that today mate, another job added to the list then, change the steering links. our lass said it looked daft orange with green links, but i never bothered, it does stand out though now in that pic.......

i think i have a grey set kicking about.......