• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Build a Red Bull RB7 Nitro F1 car every week

Garry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pgm-ueNf4s

Only available in Germany but basically, De Agostini have teamed up with Kyosho and Red Bull to put together the car in the video above. Sure, the total cost is the same as an FG F1 car, but to be honest, not many people want or can sink that much money into RC in one go. And, its argueable that you learn more about the car by building it up over the months than you do in a weekend.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=de|en&rurl=www.google.com&twu=1&u=http://www.rc-news.de/03/2012/rc-car-im-abo-red-bull-racing-rb7-von-de-agostini/&usg=ALkJrhgaAMuK8zirVl9nutMx7lRPRQkPvQ

Sales dropping off was the reason they stopped doing partwork kits in the UK.

Only problem with them is the last time they did a build an rc car was because they where parp.

If that one worked I would proberly do It just for the looks.

Only problem with them is the last time they did a build an rc car was because they where parp.

The last car I bought that came with a mag was a Subaru imprezza, I presume it was de agostini, cant remember. I was lucky enough to find it at a carboot, all the mags, a car and a half built, with tuning options, and all electrics. I used the electrics in a mardave for banger racing, read the mags as they were really quite interesting and informative with some cool pics, and drove the car down some stairs, off a balcony and into a few walls until it was finnished because the car itself was utter turd. Was

like all these kits magazines things

There super expensive when you work it out

Where you could get a car and extras for alot less

ziggy

The last one in the UK was the Hachette BMW M3 which was a Thunder Tiger TS4N, a very decent car.

• 11 months later...

Problem is that this model is not on sale in any shop...which then begs the question regarding parts support

ANY part work model will cost about twice the shop price, sometimes more. If you want to spread the cost it would make far more sense to get a bank loan or buy with a credit card. 

And when the series is over, the parts will then dry up and into the skip the model goes or onto ebay for a few quid...

I was just writing exactly that, spares availability will prob be an issue, I'd get through about 50 front wings a month!

Sorry Garry, But you must be off your head to even allow your writing to appear to defend these things, There is nothing extra what so ever to be gained from building a model over months, Or in this case, 2 YEARS.

Even the dimmest of us are not gonna find any delight or excitement of waiting for next months copy to come out because it's got the 4 wheel nuts on the front cover, And as much as I like this hobby, Even I would have trouble to get a months worth of RC education out of 4 wheel nuts.

It will turn a lot more people away from a hobby as bring them in, These things are used to get 8 quid for a 3 quid magazine, And nothing more.

I like the clever design of the cooling head, incorporated into the bodywork, 'though it might be a little exposed.

I agree with one comment above. Waiting 2 years to build it? If its a teenager, he would have lost interest.

Looks nice.

Al.

These part work publishers are quite clever. Only the first 4 or 5 issues are supplied to newsagents on a sale or return basis. After that the whole series has to be ordered and paid by direct debit so you can't cherry pick any bits you want from a single issue. For example the afore mentioned Subaru had one pair of wheels and tyres in issue one but there was no way they'd include the second pair with an un-ordered copy to prevent anyone just getting some cheap wheels and tyres.

A clever idea from the publishers point of view, but if you want an F1 car just go to Tamiya and get one plus all the hop-ups you need for a fraction of the price.

From what i can gather, it seems you get two body types included, one that is constructed for static display purposes, and another made of lexan for racing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no 1/7 scale F1 racing in the UK, so who are they going to race against, 1001 other RB7 lookalikes, now that should be fun :clapping:

Edited by AlexP