• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Baja 5SCe Brushless - El Beasto \m/

Noj

Kraken do FOC replacements regardless of how the damage was caused IIRC.

I also remember from your thread earlier on that they agreed to replace a chassis if it snapped even with the battery strap holes cut out.

So, they should replace it FOC no matter what?

I also know guys who've got free replacements when they weren't even the original owner, so definitely had no receipt.

Used to be 75% off the cost of a new one....

It'll still get clobbered by customs, ergo is not technically FOC....

IRC should be here tomorrow, if Kraken do send one, it'll either go on the B or get sold on... ;)

Just really annoyed, as it is perfect leccy badger weather :(

Yup. Many things I could be doing, like stripping the bum off Beast (the 'The' is now defunct and tedious) or rebuilding the B.....

Would be out later, except Thurs is a harsh one for our lass, so will be making a nice tea and running her a bath, before putting all bedrooms and study back in order.

I should take the PMT out, don't want to break it though, could be literally days before spares will be here.... ;)

Did you buy ajs pmt just for spares then? Would you sell the shocks if so lol. I'll pay a fair price were both happy with. Sorry this is baja thread tho.

Do you have any pics of your 5sc shells just as it or they started to split? Ide like to beef up the weak spots before. I've totally coverd the rear end then lined the edge around the sides and front.

The kraken chassis stuff sounds bad so it bent under the weight of the baja lol. I thought they was supposed to be top chassis choice with a reinforcement.

I want to get the red irc chassis when the km one is done. Red/silver I think is going to be the theme.

No PMT comments here please ;)

I'll get pics up later, internet will be off from 8.30 whilst the front window is replaced (router and sky box live in front of it, lol)

I'll let you know Dan.

Tug suggested leaving the bent one in the sun, weighted down with bricks to see if it straightens.....of course the temp has now fallen, lol!

Rebuilt and run yesterday, right as ninepence is El Beasto ;)

It has been sat outside with bricks on it. It is 'slightly' less bent, but still twisted.

It will go in a bin, unless some other use for it pops into mind...it could be sharpened into a stabbing implement for the despatch of zombies, come the apocalypse.... ;)

I shall mull that one over :)

Right, actually took note of runtimes: turned ESC on at 6:40pm, usual minute or so of faffing with the shell, 5min walk to the bash spot, bashed, hit lvc at 7:15pm.

That works for me :)