• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine not starting

mattadon

Hey guys, struggling to get my GST started after not running for a few months. What I have noticed is where the exhaust meets the engine its very loose and the spring that held it on is missing, could these be a contributing factor? Cheers guys.

It's not going to help is it the long spring that goes round the engine and holds the pipe to the exhaust port ? It will come stright off when running and will cause you to be losing compression why your trying to start it

As for getting it running make sure your glow starter has a good charge and the glow plug is working

There might be some stale fuel still in the engine because it's not been ran for a few months

Allso it might need a tune as Im sure it must of been warmer a few months ago try making small ajustments to the lsn try leaning it off to start with it might sound as if it's going to fire up then lean it some more if not then try richening it up

It will fire up sooner or later :)

if the exhaust setup is leaking, it does make it hard for the compression to reach the required level

IF you havent run in a while

I'd take the plug out - flood the engine

Pull the fuel through

That way

You A - Clear old fuel out

B - Get fresh fuel in

C - Ensure the engine has oil in the compression chamber ready

D - gives it a clean too - from any ARO or other sustances

Make sure its not flooded still when you refit tho

Check the plug too

Open the throttle up a little bit and richen the needles, as the tune will probably be out...

Ziggy