• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The New Whip

Kpowell911

Did a bit more, got power to the switch, and put the centre console back together :)

05C16C1D-CB38-4685-8FDA-93B6F0E78378-392-000000E8592167B0_zps010278ec.jpg

Just need to link the red wire into this black and white wire now and put the cowling back on.

C454E0EB-7359-4EFB-B110-F362067C3E28-392-000000E84A7DB7A7_zps5bf34071.jpg

I then started taken my ECU out for the reflash tomorrow. Simple job, disconnect the battery, undo 3x 10mm Bolts behind the Glove box, undo 3x Plugs, all done :)

596FA784-EE53-4578-9433-DD27D5A9F7B7-392-000000E84376CC59_zpsf8b59114.jpg

CDF548EE-9F28-4E9B-9375-AFC643913801-392-000000E83D8DCABA_zps3bf5fb42.jpg

CF22F0CF-EEAC-4870-9AFE-7C7B66714091-392-000000E82831BEAD_zps7e5288ea.jpg

:)

• Like 1

ECU's gone off today, that should be back Wednesday, I've paid my mechanic to do my exhaust and Brakes this week, so the whole project "Should be finished" by the weekend.

Added it all up today, including all labour and postage, I've spent just shy of

Edited by Guns

Right as you know I sent my ECU to CPL on Monday at 11am.

I got an e-mail off Lynn yesterday evening with the Tracking Number for my reflashed ECU. I kept tracking it, and it was going to arrive before 1pm today. Now I started work @ 1pm, and wanted to take the car, and it needed fuel, so time was against me.

I decided to take the forum stickers off, they were a bit big and will be replaced with smaller ones:

8ED2B790-22FF-4FB7-AB72-064D061E3C71-1302-000001595A77C27D_zpsa234aa50.jpg

I put the R on the daily, as a joke, its off now ;)

810537E5-46BC-4C25-BDB2-C54CDDE629FF-1302-0000015955C67510_zps6eee8539.jpg

I then needed to finish wiring the starter button, or at least connect the stock ignition wire back. I took a trip to a local electronics place to pick up some connecters and put the cowling back on.

Then at 12:05 this little beauty turned up :)

59244F8B-10E8-4FE8-89AF-0F9CE83FEF9A-1302-0000015950CE03B0_zpscd3e8103.jpg

I cant open it to show you as it will Void the warranty, the only difference on the outside is my name is on written on in Pen lol. Out of curiosity (and to stop some bitchin' on some forums), I emailed Lynn to ask what ahs been done. She confirmed that inside the ECU there is a K100 Board, just with a generic map on. IF I went all out with further modifications, they could remap this, without the need to buy a K100 or Kpro. Just pay for the tuning, amazing deal IMO, I've basically paid

Right, had a bit of a mare. Couldnt seem to get the correct sized gasket to join the cat/b pipe. A phone call to Cobra secured one, but I told them it was needed within 24 hours as it was booked in today for the fitting. Fair play to them, 20 hours later it came free of charge, so hats off to Cobra.

Didnt take long to fit, the fitter did say It was a bit of a poor fit, he had to dremel the holes a touch bigger. It also sits quite low but then its a larger diameter B Pipe, and it dont sit lower than my rear lower toe bar. Its also right up against the rear bumper, but it does sit quite nicely. There's no knocks or bangs, so its fine. Id prefer it to have been a slash cut, and Its not as attractive as the stock twin pipes IMO, but thats personal choice, anyway, the important part..

My Type R has a Tegiwa M Filter and a Reflash CPL K100. The car feels alot free-er in the midrange, and it genuinely feels like its added performance, wether thats placebo I dont know, I do not have a rolling road readout to back it up, but IMO it has freed the mid range up.

Now Im 25, im getting old, I didnt want it too loud, and Im happy to report, on idle, and for "normal" driving its not much louder than standard, I cant really hear it over my music with the windows up, I can "feel" it though :)

However, on VTec, it sounds unreal! i did a quick drive by at highish revs, came back into the garage and a fair few complimented the sound, saying it sounded purposeful and powerful as opposed to chavvy, which was the noise and comments I was after :) I let my pal take it out and I had a listen, well impressed, sounds like a touring car, might change my name to Matt Neal.....

He had driven it pre remap, his daily is a Mk 2 430bhp RS, And he said he ws genuinely impressed with the effects of the K100 and the Exhust, said it was "noticebly lots faster". He then proceeded to diss my brakes, which I agree with, so 5.1 Fluid and Braided lines are going in tomorrow! Saying that he is used to his 360mm Alcon 6 pots...

Well happy, as I say the fit isnt perfect (my fitter commented that Milteks he normally fits fit alot better. But its on, it sounds unreal IMO, and theres no knocks/bangs. Only tests left to do are the speed bump test and the long term test.

On the whole, id recomend it, ill get some pics and videos asap!

Sounds like a touring car haha that's epic mate, and sounds good that its not 'chav' loud haha

Soo you planning the brakes to get changed out next? :D

Edited by ScottPro8.5

Its loud when you're caining it so I guess its Chav then ;)

Ive got some Brake upgrades still to fit, just haven't had the time. Im hoping it'll be an improvement. If not, Ill try a new pad that works better when cold (TBH the current set up is great when warm, but as this car isn't really my Daily, so I only use it for short blasts, so maybe a cooler/softer pad would better. I'd like to go back to New York this year, and that wont happen if I have to pay

Better Pic of the Exhaust

dca4007a88c911e2a94522000a1fbc56_7.jpg

Also put the ECU Sticker on the back, I like it lol

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/CustomClio/hondata_zpsa30f9db8.jpg

Plans this week:

Fit Stainless Braided Brake Hoses and Change the Fluid to 5.1

I've also ordered a Mugen Oil Cap (Dont ask, JDM Tax :() Might order Red Lower Control Arms, Because Bling!

Gonna get some hate for this, but I like my Music. Ive got a sub, but its not the best, so I popped into Halfords and found this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_265872_productId_773427_langId_-1?cm_mmc=GooglePPC-_-Google Product Search-_-In-Car Technology/Car Sound Systems/Car Subwoofers-_-VIBE BAV12 Vented 12" Active Bass Enclosure&source=ppc&adtype={adtype}&{copy:_$ja}&{ifpla:_$ja=tsid:37143}{ifdyn:_$ja=tsid:35588}{ifpe:_$ja=tsid:37143}

So I bought it..... Im installing it with a Vibe Fast Plug:

vibe-fast-plug-quick-release-amplifier-s

So I can simply unplug and take it out if I dont want to lug the weight around, or need to do the shopping, good Compromise IMO!

Edited by Guns

• 3 weeks later...

Had the MOT today, so before I took it in, I made sure all the fluids were topped up, bulbs etc. I had 1 brake bulb out and the handbrake was pretty slack. Few searches on the forum and I found a guide and tightened it myself. I also refunded that Vibe Sub as I wasnt too happy with it (it was fine but

Edited by Guns

• 2 weeks later...