• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Started work on my Christmas Tyrrell P34. As this model won't be seeing much in the way of hard race use, I am taking a bit of extra trouble with the body shell, in particular the engine which is mostly exposed on this car.

Today I sculpted an insert out of Milliput to fill the small gap between oil tank and firewall, which don't quite meet as they should even if one follows the moulded cutlines exactly. I also cut and sanded the Lexan pieces that make up the intake manifolds and air filter.

On 17/01/2018 at 15:59, babylon said:

I built my first RC car some 30 odd years ago, But when I see it all laid out like this, I'm trying to work out why the Tamiya Hornet took me and my dad 4 hours a night for 5 nights to build.

One good thing is that I remember pretty much every bit of the build as it was one of the few things me and my dad did together, Every car should come as a RTR and Kit,  Now I look at this, I may have to pick something up to build with my little girl.

Took me about 3-4 hours to build the kit including messing around with electrics. Probably spent an additional hour assembling the wheels and tyres, not easy lol

Couldn't agree more on every RC car being made available in kit form, it's part of the fun and can be a joint effort such as yourself and father having some time together. I'm sure also your daughter would love to build this with daddy, maybe a grasshopper kit or something even more basic to start with such as the Rising Fighter

It is all a lot of fun ^_^

Once I'd fired up the chainsaw to cut through the layer of dust they've built up, I have pulled the electrics from the ProMT to go in the Yeti, after deciding it needs to be a bit quicker, the combo in question is a HobbyWing Max10 and Tekin SC4X 4000kv motor, definitely the best motor I've ever used, absolute beast of a combo, should be good fun in the Yeti but I sense driveshaft snappings very soon!

Also started getting the ProMT ready for sale.

20180118_185709

20180118_193447

We are apparently due some heavy snow soon, so hopefully I'll be able to get it out and get some good pictures :D 

• Like 1

As I'm getting impatient for my on road wheels to turn up I couldn't help but put these on the 1/8 Lwb carson chassis along with the jag shell. I had to take the decals off aswell as there not my cup of tea.

Before

image.jpg

Edited by novamadcars