• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Had the 12S Alien vent. Yay!

Now fitted the Hobbywing Max5, hopefully get some run-time with it this weekend.

This is all in reference to the Baja flux, the bright yellow Jony Nitro machine. In case yawl didn't already know.

The one eyed Alien? 

Moving swiftly on, today I made a superb mount for the max5 ESC............ok, let's be honest, it's a piece of flat ally bar with eight holes drilled in it, but it's a perfect fit. 

Then it was out with the Baja to test it and the new ESC. The spur was already damaged and didn't last long, but thanks to the slim pinion, only half the spur was stripped. So by turning the pinion around, I've now got the other half of the teeth meshed up. Win win! 

• Like 1

Took on a metal bench with Hooligan at full pelt. The bench won. New shell and bumper needed. Got Bugsy out for a spanking next, he perfomed fantastically, even after the front body posts broke following some roof down landings! I did pull off one successful backflip though. After 2 packs through Bugsy, I decided to give the 'Shot a run. That now sports tooth marks after the Lurchers I was amusing caught it. I don't think Tamiya envisioned the Blitzer Beetle running on a 2s/80a/3300kv combo, the tyres certainly can't take it lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

Come on people, let's get this rolling again! 

Last Sunday I took the Blitz beach bashing at Ruislip lido, she ran sweet as, but the rear tyres are now full of sand! I thought they were quite well sealed, but clearly not. I'll try to get it out, but will probably end up replacing them. Badlands or Trenchers are the two I'm considering. 

Not today, but recently ... fitted lights to the Unimog so I could run it after work:

http://i.imgur.com/ZyimXXQ.jpg

Also a friend strapped their FPV camera to it on a Saturday morning, and we all had a laugh sneaking up on cows with it (the plus suspension makes it ok for FPV, I think anything like a buggy would be too shaky).

Then I broke a halfshaft in the back axle, so I've decided it's going to live under the bed for a while, as I want to concentrate on building my new (to me) Lunchbox.

Stripped the rear end of the Hyper - wasn;t happy with play in rear diff outdrive bearings.  Decided to replace the entire gearbox and diff for good measure.  Stripped, cleaned and rebuilt rear cvd's and replaced hub bearings whilst they we're out.  Running on the beach is fun but it takes it toll.

Replaced the windows on the Blitz with wire mesh. Almost completely eliminated parachuting and added some strength to the battered shell. I fixed the mesh to the shell using copious amounts of shoe goo, it's not pretty but seems to have worked a treat :)