• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

James1986 which servos did you put into yours?? Been thinking on upgrading mine ad I think the standard items are a bit pants!!! I've already ditched the standard Tx and Rx!!

I went for the Alturn high torque servos, seem to be doing the job rather well and have brought the steering and brakes to life!

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

I went for the Alturn high torque servos, seem to be doing the job rather well and have brought the steering and brakes to life!

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784[/quote

Wow for that price ya cant go wrong!!! Hence why I just put two order!!!

Those 20kg Power HD servos would be major overkill in a Firestorm in my opinion - the alturns are more than enough of an improvement over stock. Each to their own I guess ;)

Gave the Xray a shakedown run, new throttle servo has plenty of stopping power, and the new diff oil set up has made it nice and agile under power with plenty of steering under brakes.

Looking forward to this weekend at the track as it's me first race :)

Edited by Pistonhead

Gave the Xray a shakedown run, new throttle servo has plenty of stopping power, and it's nice and agile under power with plenty of steering under brakes.

Looking forward to this weekend at the track as it's me first race :)[/quote

Good luck on your first race!!!

• Like 1

Finished off a pack in the Aqroshot, it's a cracking truck. I don't think I need a Firestorm for the foreseeable (but don't tell PK2K). 

Put a pack through Boudicca, it's kinda odd watching a big heavy Wraith getting air, but fun at the same time  :shockingscary:

Finished off a pack in the Aqroshot, it's a cracking truck. I don't think I need a Firestorm for the foreseeable (but don't tell PK2K).

Put a pack through Boudicca, it's kinda odd watching a big heavy Wraith getting air, but fun at the same time :shockingscary:

You need a Firestorm! I took mine for a fly today :D

20150710_090014_5887_zpsmdyfj7zq.jpg

• Like 2

How did you manage to paint them and keep the writing on them ?

At first I was surprised how visible it still is. I just used one very thin coat of paint. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Repaired the split in two HB shell and bent stub axle, 10 minutes later the shell was back in two pieces and the front bulkhead snapped.

To the spare HB box, with haste ;)

50mph into a wooden fence and all I got was a broken hinge pin and a bent shock stand off. Found it 20ft away. Spares box came to the rescue and all is fixed, save for a slightly bent but usable stand off.

0OOnFIi.jpg