• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Hobao H2 - shocks rebuilt, and other setup changes to try and find a bit more laptime this week  :)

Kyosho Inferno - Less dampening and other setup changes for this weeks racing + major clean

HPI E-Firestorm - repaired damage caused by novice brother-in-law :D

Traxxas Slash - Tutted and ummed and arred at all the play in the wishbones/hubs/camber links. Decided it was fine for an SC  :thumbsup:

Yes it's been a slow bank holiday for me :)

Fired up the TXT-2 and got a 'box of neutrals' ... !! Motors rev great - same pitch as well so well matched!!

Lower shafts are fine, so it's the upper gearbox ... need to dismantle and investigate. I'm hoping it's something simple / stupid like the pinions weren't tightened properly.

It'll run ... eventually!!

Al.

Cardboard boxes to move house with. However, Very disappointed with parcel force.

Its pouring with rain and having not answered the door (toilet break at a bad time!) they decided it was faster to lob them over the back gate than write a red card.

Luckily all items were fine but if I'd been out that would have been another matter.

Royal mail got bought and turned to

Sorting out an ftx carnage that a mate got used off eBay, barely a speck of dust on it but alignment all wrong and two bent shock shafts along with loose grub screws at the rear, had to file the flat spots again for the grub screws as they had been mashed up slightly...

Here next to my firestorm

75f9c28bfaaf58953f9cc05e184a65d0.jpg

Edited by Relativenewbyseb

Finally got round to soldering the esc connections on the 22 and powered it up for the first time, followed by some gentle runs in the house to fine tune the diff and slipper settings.

I did that with my b5m and it left some lovely skid marks on the carpet!

Popped a 1:8 motor fan onto the Slash. I'm not a massive "fan" of fans, they're for your PC! But temps have risen a fair bit since fitting a Dusty Motors shroud and I'm never running without one again!

It wheelied down the hall lol, may need to back the punch off a tad lol

I use a vampire v1 motor that is very punchy motor so its hard not to wheelie even on low grip surfaces.

I packed my car stuff up ready for practice tomorrow.

Edited by alex97

Ripped the front road tyres off my hyper on the tarmac, been trying for the last couple of runs but today it was dry, hmm now what to replace them with?