• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

That a McLaren F1 shell? Oh and what colour is it I want a colour like that for my dt 02 shell.

hi mate yep hpi mclaren f1

paint is florescent blue backed off with white but a two tone across the whole car as I concentrated the paint flow towards the outer edges of the car heres a pic from the top 

WP_20140702_19_40_21_Pro_zps66164b5b.jpg

white paint http://www.modelsport.co.uk/paint/rc-car-categories/9950/995025&MSAttributeID[61]=720&MSAttributeID[54]=698&MSAttributeID[104]=1111

blue paint http://www.modelsport.co.uk/humbrol-fluorescent-blue-acrylic-spray-150ml-/rc-car-products/378686

hope thats alright for you  :thumbsup:

hi mate yep hpi mclaren f1

paint is florescent blue backed off with white but a two tone across the whole car as I concentrated the paint flow towards the outer edges of the car heres a pic from the top

WP_20140702_19_40_21_Pro_zps66164b5b.jpg

white paint http://www.modelsport.co.uk/paint/rc-car-categories/9950/995025&MSAttributeID[61]=720&MSAttributeID[54]=698&MSAttributeID[104]=1111

blue paint http://www.modelsport.co.uk/humbrol-fluorescent-blue-acrylic-spray-150ml-/rc-car-products/378686

hope thats alright for you :thumbsup:

Bit of free advertising for Rob on there I see, looks good to!

Took the HB out on 3s up the woods, scrubbed the blitzer rears almost flat and killed a pair of rear outer hub bearings (through tightly wound grass/dog hairs) from excursions off the path!

Swapped to the Carson a/t set up, replaced the bearings and took her out again; silly performance, much better traction, however the jerry rigged ESC fan packed up and cut the run short :(

• Like 1

Bit of free advertising for Rob on there I see, looks good to!

thanks mate, well I. Said to him how about you buy me a body and paint and ill put some of your stickers on it and then you can say that they went 100mph + on an rc car hopefully and he said ok lol

Top evenings bashing! Two more packs through the Ally-Maxx, nothing gave out. OK, so no big air, but she was driven hard on 5s, took it like a champ!

Happy days! :)

left them were they were. had a lazy day so slept most of day as off work till Saturday :). might take the TT01 to the local car park or park tomorrow. not sure yet will decide while charging lipos and will try to find that money I dropped the other day in the loft so I can go racing at the club with the carisma. :thumbsup:

gave the 5ive a clean

mesh modded pull start/crankcase on the new rcmk

fitted new bartalone clutch carrier with vertigo clutch bell and pinion.

took apart the stock wheels

fitted and set up new fubaba 3pl

think thats it... im ready for bed

• Like 1

Made a front bumper for the 8ight T, not too bad of a job, pity it's clear but should do well, 3mm lexan, got some nice flex to it but not too much... Shall make a rear one for it tomorrow and also a pair for the 8ight, pretty sure the sheet of lexan I bought is big enough, we shall see :)

IMG_3958_zpsb40cff9c.jpg

• Like 2

Made the bumper for my 8ight... I was going to do a pair of rears as well for the 8ight and 8ight T, but after giving it some thought I'm just going to go for skid plates instead, main reasons being rear bumpers look ugly as hell (not that these front ones are exactly good looking or neat LOL) it'll use much less material so I can make a couple for each for spares, they'll also be a lot quicker to make and I was only making rear bumpers to protect the chassis and the little exposed bit of diff case, so the skid plate seems the obvious option really.

Anyway, here's the front bumper on the 8ight.

IMG_3959_zps30104ea3.jpg