• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got my newly purchased Losi Mini-T running sweet with its new pinion fitted. IMAG0512_zpssdi5yr2v.jpg Bought it from Cameron_M on the forum. Goes well but likes to wheely! Here's a short and dark vid: http://s145.photobucket.com/user/polocoupgt/media/VIDEO0043_zpsa3lyprou.mp4.html

Edited by Dubberz
  • Like 1

Cheers. The flames are a nightmare, can't see how to get them flat. :(

Trust me mine is far from perfect. I did it about 6 years ago and if I remember right I used a scalpel on the bits round the front of the bonnet and wings and plenty of soapy water. I keep meaning to cut the windows out and mesh them.

Thought you'd be horrified that I'd used a shell that didn't fit right!? ;)

If it was a replica I'd understand people criticising but this is just good tinkering B-)

Got the tuber crawler project to a roller except for temporary upper front links. Body panels next and clean up the welds on chassis and then strip down and paint before a rebuild with grease / shims / stainless hardware and rest of electrics (no esc and rx atm). Tempted to try narrowing wheels as I have a spare new set.

Gave the scx10 it's first little test in it's new guise around the house.

So far the steering servo seems a bit weak but i'll be ordering waterproof savox in the next few days.

Taking it to work tomorrow as there's some good ground to give it a proper work out, but do think i'll ditch the 60t motor in favour of a 35/45t to give a bit more wheel speed.

Undone 80 screws only to put em back in again,was that bored I had a quick count lol. Well worth it though

Tested the scx10 properly at the work's yard, plenty of stoney piles of dirt to climb and traverse.

I was about half an hour through the a pack (after work) when the front end locked up.

It was only a grub screw backing out of the front prop shaft letting the thing fall into two pieces. On closer inspection, the gearbox end uj had completely fallen apart.

Not buying Fastrax props again to say the least lol

Put an new OS no 8 plug in it, tuned the engine, crashed it and cracked a from suspension arm :(... repaired it with existing parts but will require a new arm.. oops! Luckily didn't break the steering servo!

before being fixed...

2014-04-30%252018.59.57.jpg

after...

2014-04-30%252019.02.25.jpg

2014-04-30%252019.03.38.jpg

My eyes are getting used to it, it's big, but I like it.

New boots, same type of tyre, the old 3.2" Chevrons from Traxxas, but mounted on RPM Revolver rims. These are off-set to stop the body rub, they still catch the front "Fender", but only just and only under hard braking while turning full lock.

I may end up trimming the rear arches too, the upper A-arms might just hit the arches on landing. I've still got to test that.

Anyway, here it is, just about finished.

20140430_211708.jpg

Just about to sit and duct tape it.

• Like 1

Turned the BLBB into an open top. That 3900kv can has too much torque for it lol. Darn thing kept flipping on to its roof. Think a punch reset is needed.

• Like 1