• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Ran 3 tanks through my hyper 7 new engine,so that's all 6 done! Then on the last tank I lost an engine mount bolt which moved the engine and chewed my clutch bell up!

Then had a quick bash on my savage x picco .28 and I'm thinking I need longer gears still as it just wheelies non stop.

Then had a quick go on my ansmann virus 2.0 ep giving it all the abuse I could to try and brake it,and then the pinion gear grub screw came lose and fell of

Took the cars out for a good bash at Nunroyd Park in Guiseley with the kids and some friends. Rustler didn't survive it's 15ft high jim and is currently in the sick bay! Got a litre of fuel through the Hyper 7 and had a right laugh!

Over the weekend:

1. Tried soldering the Traxxas connectors onto the very heavy - relatively speaking - duty cables of the Turnigy 3S LiPo 65/130C 5Ah batteries. Nearly worked and the 80W soldering station is more than powerful enough. It's frankly obvious that the Traxxas connectors are not heavy-duty enough. Ordered some 6mm bullet connectors and bit the bullet - pun intended - that I'll have to rewire the ESC as well .... never mind.

2. Used the E6000 adhesive after having fully cleaned all of the tyres I removed in order to replace onto the alloy wheels I've cleaned up. Foams have been inserted - I've used FG foams inside the MCD tyres I'm fitting - and all placed onto the wheels. Then all rims and tyres were cleaned with alcohol. Then, after ensuring all was clean and the fit was excellent, the E6000 was filled into the rim beads, and the tyres fed as well as possible into the rims. The excess was wiped off, and then 53cm cable ties were fed through the alloy wheel holes - same design as the FG plastic wheels - and 'loosely tightened' onto the tyre to ensure an even, firm fit. 8 ties were fitted onto each tyre - 1 tie per hole. It appears to be holding but the adhesive is a contact adhesive - leave for several days. I'll remove the final ties tomorrow or Tuesday.

Quiet weekend!!

Al.