• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Why? Not planning on bashing any time soon? ;)

Possibly not chap. Not solo anyway, I'll need someone with me to do the walk of shame  :xd:

Don't you be flat spotting my Wraiths tyres while you're adopting it

Adopting? The only way you'll get it back is by prising it out of my cold dead hands  :shockingscary:

Rebuilt the Firestorm, ready to be passed on, stripped and sorted a few niggles and duff bearings on my mates Slash, generally clearing out and making room ready for the new arrival. (think I may need more room still!)

Took the Revo to the track for some fettling before retuning the engine.

It handled a wet astro track pretty well considering it's jacked right up, although jumping is taking a bit of getting used to with the short wheelbase, only rolled it once after braking too hard and went over it's nose lol.

7c7a44b2ca765d31c38d753b6c5f061c.jpg

Hopefully getting a pair of new steering servos tomorrow along with a radio swap.

Edited by Pistonhead

Bashed one of the me RC10B4s in the local park on a 90C 6000Mah IP Lipo.

With the settings all dialled (Dynamic Multi Timing System DMTS @ just 7.5 on the Reventon R setup;; 8.5  TURN Speed Passion V3 motor, Digital Racing Response System DRRS @ 9/9) I got some amazing torque and had a great time with just the one pack with some forward rolls, sideways spins and bottom-out jumps. Great to see the ol' B4 running, even if at some points on grass it did seem to have a massive turning circle.

Having put that out there though, I am thinking the model is fine I would just like to dial some higher speed out of it, possibly with a better V4 7.5 motor...

... out of interest, did anyone figure out what the manual reference to 'turbo firmware' meant? Was that Modify0 or something similar? Only the stock firmware enables the 'hybrid boost' . Am stuck I tink.

Hand cut a diff gasket for the EMB 1 diff leaking issue, rebuilt front and rear ends,  Rebuilt shocks 1.2x3 600cst 1.3x3 600 rear, Acetoned off old rubber and fitted blue mini pins as well as yellow rally's.  Ready for race day in the morning :)

oh and thought about painting the truggy lid but still cba'd

Edited by Deafty

Popped a new dogbone into the lil SCT, ragged it round the garden and decided the diffs need some work. Have rearranged the living room to make it easier to reach my tools etc while I'm in the brace. 

That's very very true Mr Noj!

Although I think we'd all agree we need our Forum Wookie around for many many more years to come yet :)

I could not agree more Daniel San. 

• Like 1

drove em at park hall track

then quickly realized how utterly and completely USELESS i am with them lol

i couldnt get either of them round the track at all, in 1 corner of the track i couldnt even tell which way they were pointing lol

shortly after that realized the hyper 7 really isnt setup properly, HOPEFULLY its just because iv got a random glowplug in it,

also realized i really need better servos in the havoc and a decent rx battery too 

Stripped the front diff on the SCT, cleaned it, changed a couple of cogs and added a shim. Totally failed to open the rear diff due to a borked screw head. Did a general clean up and popped a smaller pinny on the can. Reassembled and tested. It's now driving like a hot hatch with part time rear wheel drive! New rear diff needed, as well as the bigger pinny. 

Fitted a pair of TrackStar servos to the Revo, before removing one as i snapped the servo saver arm.

Ran one instead for the rest of the afternoon to do the tuning, seeing as it's around 21kg of torque it did a pretty good job of moving the tyres whilst stationary.