• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Martini Racing Savage XL shells- Painted by Jon Miller

grumpygramps

Hi folks,

It pains me to say that my Savage XL is going, along with all of my RC gear.. It's been sitting on a shelf since I built it, and I have no desire to keep it as an ornament, but no time to use it :(

First on the list of bits to go are these two beautifully painted shells, done in the Martini Racing team colours by Jon Miller. Both have some extra sponsor stickers on, which can easily be removed if you wish. They are both unused and in perfect condition.

1st one is a Proline Desert Rat shell, designed for the Traxxas Slayer. They don't make them anymore, it's very tough and looks pretty sweet in my humble opinion!

Here's some pics-

On the truck..

xl1.jpg

As it is now..

s4-1.jpg

s7.jpg

s6.jpg

s5.jpg

Cost me

Edited by grumpygramps

Just out of interest, what is the first shell?? Is it a short course?

Like I mentioned- "1st one is a Proline Desert Rat shell, designed for the Traxxas Slayer", so yep, it's a short course truck shell :thumbsup:

excuse my ignorance gramps as i am a newbie but would this fit my 1/8 scale kyosho inferno neo truggy? looking for something a bit different and the first shell certainly fits the bill just unsure about fitment

I would imagine not... It's designed for a short course truck, which has the same wheelbase as a 1/8 buggy.. Might be a bit small length ways, but quite wide with it, so likely to rub on the tires unless it's raised up really high. Never seen one on a truggy, probably for a good reason!

Edited by grumpygramps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It's been AGES since I've been on here, so hello again chaps! :thumbsup:

I've just been and picked up these shells, along with a load of other clobber, from my old house. They've been sitting around and now need to be sold!

I'll take

Edited by grumpygramps