• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servos

Jack R8

It seems you get what you pay for with servos unfortunately.

I'm a massive Savox fan and would recommend them to anyone running 1/8 scale.

I've not used the 0254 ones before so cant really comment on them, but friends tell me they do the job.

As for Power HD, they seem to be good for a while then just stop working. Heard some good things about Bluebird servos though.

I ran spektrum metal gears in my buggy for about a year, replaced them with savox when I could afford to, but still have them as spares and they still do the job...

It seems you get what you pay for with servos unfortunately.

I'm a massive Savox fan and would recommend them to anyone running 1/8 scale.

I've not used the 0254 ones before so cant really comment on them, but friends tell me they do the job.

As for Power HD, they seem to be good for a while then just stop working. Heard some good things about Bluebird servos though.

I ran spektrum metal gears in my buggy for about a year, replaced them with savox when I could afford to, but still have them as spares and they still do the job...

+1 savox

I would just upgrade steering servo for now as that's the one that gets a pounding then you can spend the extra money on steering servo +1 for savox great servos you want metal geared or titanium if you can afford it and 15-20 kg of toque. Don't waste your money on power hd servos they ant that good. You can get pro tune throttle and bake linkages witch help alot to ms do a dynamite one for a fiver.

Power hd are great at torque

But so slow and lazy! IMO

Stay well clear

You pay for what you get

I think I bought about 7 or 8 hextronic servos in my old hong nor many moons ago, had a power hd or two

Some hitec but now savox all the way

However my son runs a savox on his throttle and a hextronic on his steering and it' seems spot on with all the end points set etc

Power hd are great at torque

But so slow and lazy! IMO

Stay well clear

You pay for what you get

I think I bought about 7 or 8 hextronic servos in my old hong nor many moons ago, had a power hd or two

Some hitec but now savox all the way

However my son runs a savox on his throttle and a hextronic on his steering and it' seems spot on with all the end points set etc

I have a Power HD DS090M and its really fast... are you referring to the 1501MG's ??? Edited by wiggy2k7

Mate either go for Savox or Team Associated servos.

I have High torque savor and high speed savox for my truggy. I also have power HD for my short course its okay, at least better than standard poo hobao but it does not produce enough torque to handle the corners at my local track

which models have you tried ??? As i said above ive got a DS090M and its anything but slow:

Lol, I'm not getting into an Internet argument no offence

But just to top it off , hitec ain't the fastest servos to compare it to

My savox is twice as fast as that

That servo looks lazy in that vid( poser hd)

It's not doing it any favours IMHO

You can get more for your money than a power hd

Lol, I'm not getting into an Internet argument no offence

But just to top it off , hitec ain't the fastest servos to compare it to

My savox is twice as fast as that

That servo looks lazy in that vid( poser hd)

It's not doing it any favours IMHO

You can get more for your money than a power hd

No offence taken, I wasn't trying to get into an argument, i guess we have different opinions about how fast a servo needs to be...

Also the HiTec comparison wasn't really the point, i was just showing a video with the speed of the Power HD

Unless your a serious racer(which i am not) i cant see why you would need anything faster

Edited by wiggy2k7

No offence taken, I wasn't trying to get into an argument, i guess we have different opinions about how fast a servo needs to be...

Also the HiTec comparison wasn't really the point, i was just showing a video with the speed of the Power HD

Unless your a serious racer(which i am not) i cant see why you would need anything faster

I know , but once you've had a good servo it's noticeable

You won't go back , both throttle and steering

It's Like a old heavy clutch on your granddads 1983 1 litre fiesta compared to a spanking new out of the showroom car

Light as a feather and pleasure to drive

I'm

Just a brand slag really lol