• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My HOR Rocket 25"

wastegate

Got a new boat last week from a guy on another forum. It's a HOR Rocket 25 with a Leopard 3674 2200kv motor, Swordfish 120 amp ESC running on 4 cell batteries in parallel and it goes like s**t off a shovel even though it's still underpropped at the moment. The previous owner had done a lot of work reinforcing the hull with carbon and did a really nice job. Even the motor mount is water cooled!

Rocket2.jpg

Rocket1.jpg

Rocket4.jpg

Rocket3.jpg

• Like 2

Not normally a fan of boats but holy smoke that does look sexy.

The previous owner has really put some effort in to doing that.

And as someone has said orange and carbon looks sweet together :yes:

The birds move out of the way for this boat but they don't give a damn about the Jet boat I have! The lake is an old gravel pit that was bequeathed to the council so they run a permit system with only a few rules, one of which is to not hit birds. Gets a bit tricky sometimes but I haven't got one yet :) It also has wooden sleepers around the edge to stop errosion but that makes the wake bounce off and back out which creates a lot of chop as you can see!

That looks a good pond,what happens if the boat goes dead in the middle?? I was thinking of a jet boat but will have to wait me thinks, have got my eye on a Billings Tug,Smit Nederland, also a club 500 for racing at the local club..

• 1 year later...