• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NLB/WLB bash#30 nov 26th

barnetbasher

13 members have voted

1. 1. how much fun will it be ?

• tons ?
    • tons +1

Had a good day yesterday, yes a bit windy and quite a lot of dog walkers but overall a nice spot.

My brother must have shot in excess of 100 photos of jumps of the ramp, but not sure how much video footage he actually got. I know Stretch filmed quite a lot though.

Shame there wasn't a bigger turn out, but the main thing is, we got to bash till dark :thumbsup:

gotta hand it to you Daz...and your mate (sorry didnt get your name)

you are hardcore keen bashers !

i cant believe we were packing up in the dark !

thanks for making the trip over....and you stretch.

you'll be able to enjoy being featured in the bradmix !

and trust me on the music....i might look like a old git but im not gonna subject you to watching jumps to michael buble !

oh and Jim ..respec to getting to the bash....home at midnight friday from holiday...sat morning getting RC ready and bashbound by lunchtime ! true NLB hardcore !

Damage report folks ?

couple of plastic shock ends.

drive shaft came loose so i spent 15 mins checking my diff ! (damn centre diffs take away all clues as so what is wrong)

bent shock mount (straightened)

huge fullspeed cartwheel snapped bolt that holds rear knuckle straight(great damage limitation feature..ten min fix)

bent steering rod 12ty times....(straightened 13ty times)

snapped dogbone just as it was getting dark..time to go home.

all in all ..truck was all i wanted it to be...hilarious..tough...stupid fast and entertaining.

fixed it 100% at home in 20 mins.

its all so custom and tough now that any breakages are just bolts and a ten min fix !

Edited by barnetbasher

Back home in sunny suffolk now. Was good to meet the NLB crew (cheers for the muffin it was taste) and catch up with Dazmania and his brother. Weather was a bit choppy but hey it's Novmeber. Some good bashing went on and the Baja managed to rip up the grass nicely lol. Lots of dog walkers one of which nearly let their rat of a dog urinate on my RC bag. I did some filming but unfortunately bradderz only want 720p+ which mine isn't as I picked up the wrong camera DOH.

Baja + Hostile MX's = unhappy grass! Need to sort the brakes on her as I couldn't donut to order, but the wet grass meant she did quite a lot of donutting! Still haven't finished cleaning her yet! Got some 'funny smelling mud' to remove yet. Going to pull the electrics and hose her down.

Was good to meet you and Daz and his brother.

Great shots mate :thumbsup: Thanks

Revo looks like write off but isnt that bad - front bulkhead, 2 push rods and rockers - done well hitting tree on full speed . All fixed now , CRTe center diff rebuild too so all good and ready for next one

Forgot to thank Chris for lovely muffins

btw love my bright shells

Cant wait for next one

Edited by bartib

• 2 weeks later...