• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's 1:8 Hong Nor Short Course Project - RCotY 2011

-BEZ-

Trimmed and fitted the SC8 Shell,and i have to say its a perfect fit, I now need to paint the shell and sort some bumpers out and she s done :good:

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

Edited by -BEZ-

Ta, just got the boring arse job of painting several layers of liquidmask down atm, As im going to have to wait a while to sort bumpers out I figured i would tke my time painting the shell :good:

I get full droop, and plenty of travel, enough for the chassis to hit deck and to be able to raise the wheel off the ground a few mm :good:

Design wise, Im going to keep to my splat theme with a bit of a twist, i think lol

This looks really good Bez, putting that huge reserves of HongNor bits to good use?

I get full droop, and plenty of travel, enough for the chassis to hit deck and to be able to raise the wheel off the ground a few mm :good:

Is that ideal, a mm or two once it's bottomed out? My SCRT10 front wouldn't bottom out so I bent some long m3 bolts into a ~ shape to raise the mounting position and now it's fine.

lol hell yeah, I have a nice stash of HN stuff, so why not xD

Yeah basically thats where you want the travel to be imo, so the arms can move there fullest :good:

I always found the front SCRT10 shocks to be a bit short, I have made a few changes to the setup on the SCRT10 tho lol

lol I've seen the pictures, just a few you say.... :hahadance:

I realised the shocks had enough travel but were not mounted high enough. So now they get full travel (JUST) including drooping all the way down.

20111017_215032.jpg

Anyway, enough of my bodging, back to your professional build!

Bez firstly great project, I have just come across it lol. Are those my body mounts I see in the most recent pics

:thumbsup:

IMG_1289.jpg

Anyway onto the quoted picture, do you reckon if you trimmed the esc mount off the battery tray you could fit another on the other side of the car, still allowing room for a steering servo? By the looks of this picture it looks like you can.

Also the battery tray, how did you fasten it down?

First off, thanks for the mounts Hunter, your a legend :good:

Secondly, there just isnt enough width on the CRT X1 chassis to allow one lipo either side, if thats what your getting at? ............. the only HN i have that has pulled that off is the CR X2 i have and thats because the side guards have doubled up as battery trays (part of a CR X1 castle creations kit)

I mounted the battery tray down via an existing engine mount hole and drilled and countersunk a new hole in the chassis up near the front to hold it solid :D