• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Pulse buggy electric conversion ?

cpk1

Hi does anyone know if HPI do a conversion kit for the Pulse buggy, or is there a kit that will work with this car ? Also what would i be looking at cost wise ? Could really do with been cheap as possible ? Thanks

Edited by cpk1

What about a d8 or mp9 conversion kit? I'm using a d8 kit to convert my lightning2 which is the same car as a trophy. And correct me if I'm wrong but ain't the vorza and d8 the same?

Ps got my d8 kit from tcmodels.net but you can also get okhobbies

Edited by vwsplitty

What about a d8 or mp9 conversion kit? I'm using a d8 kit to convert my lightning2 which is the same car as a trophy. And correct me if I'm wrong but ain't the vorza and d8 the same?

Ps got my d8 kit from tcmodels.net but you can also get okhobbies

the d8 is not the same as the lightning 2. The d8 is completetly different to trophy and lightning.

Conversions for trophys/lignting has just become a lot easier now due to hpi releasing an electric version of the trophy.

the d8 is not the same as the lightning 2. The d8 is completetly different to trophy and lightning.

Conversions for trophys/lignting has just become a lot easier now due to hpi releasing an electric version of the trophy.

Sorry I don't think I made myself clear. Yes the trophy/ lighting is a different car to the d8 but the mount holes for the center diff are the same so you can use a d8 conversion kit for a trophy/lightning with a few minor mods. Was just suggesting something non standard to the model

Being converted might fit.I just don't seem to be that good at explaining lol

The vorza looks like its the same as a pulse but i would need to find some detailed pics to compare, the vorza parts may just fit mite be worth a look at.

I think the pulse is a fair bit different to the trophy/lightning as is the D8/Vorza they may look similar but i doubt much crosses over without the kind of mods Mitman had todo. The bits Mitman used on his pulse are from the vorza and as you can see from his thread it wasnt a simple bolt in job

• 8 years later...
Hi does anyone know if HPI do a conversion kit for the Pulse buggy, or is there a kit that will work with this car ? Also what would i be looking at cost wise ? Could really do with been cheap as possible ? Thanks
Is a really old post. But did you make the conversion? I have a pulse too and planning convert to electric.

Enviado de meu SM-G955F usando o Tapatalk

This is my sons pulse we were converting but not finished as it needs a rear chassis brace to be made up .
5DB0D422-B853-4F63-8369-4368429FE0FC.thumb.jpeg.15bfa1a628478117b085209bc7ab0703.jpeg
Nice! What mods you do at now? What motor mount and battery? And need to make other mods?

Enviado de meu SM-G955F usando o Tapatalk