• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Hyper Owners Club***

Revorocks

Took Dubberz old Hyper to Ndor today - first time ever on an 8th scale track and it was a blast, even if it was only a practice session.  Plus points:

-Had much fun!

-Broke nothing :)

-Hyper went very well

-Zero temp issues running 19/46 2300kv Turnigy and 120a wpsc8 esc

Negatives - need to work on battery mounting - I'm using a mix of 3S, 4S and 2x2S packs - using the 2x2S adds additional wiring into the squeeze too.  Esc came loose too - twice - Orig mounted using dbl sided foam, then remounted to day with servo tape, finally cable tied to get me through the session.  Guess I'll remount with foam and additionally cable ties to take some of the load.

-----------------------------------------

Still looking for alt bodies for the 7's - seems Kyosho MP9/  MP777 might fit - pbm are local to me and have mp9 shells in so I'll try and call in and see.  Randomly looking on Asiatees too and they have this :

http://www.asiatees.com/display?Ofna-Hyper-7-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Ofna&model=Hyper%207&id=56635&pid=1

PC201102a.jpg

It's pre-printed,only 0.9mm pc and according to Matrixline it's for a mbx6.  I've no experience of ASiatees but generally don't hold much stock in such companies accuracy over such matters.  If it does fit though then that opens up a wide choice of current inproduction shells from bittydesigns / proline etc.

Please let us know how or if the MP9 shells fit. Just bought an uncut clear Hyper 7 shell for my other hyper 7, but need a new one for mine as it's got nitro holes all over it. Would be nice to put a different lid on.

Please let us know how or if the MP9 shells fit. Just bought an uncut clear Hyper 7 shell for my other hyper 7, but need a new one for mine as it's got nitro holes all over it. Would be nice to put a different lid on.

Doing some more digging, the asiatees one I pictured above, for the mbx6 almost certainly will not fit a 7e - nowhere near wide enough.  Hyper shell's are something like 210mm at the widest point with stock stone guards.  I haven't found dimensions of Kyosho Mp's yet, however have found a guy that forms his own Kyosho shells, and as far as the width goes there bang on.  His mould is a little (lot) basic though with a huge high cockpit area - however price wise there a little dearer than the clear stock shells.

Have a look everyone at these:  First pic is of a Hyper with different stone guards - they seem to fit ok - bit short -  (new mounting holes, no big issue there) but they drop the width down considerably - so much so that the Proline Bulldog (unknown fitment) shell that's pictured on my stock Hyper fits width wise at least, very well.

16138817809_70e3355d47_o.jpg

16325028315_272652b25c_o.jpg

16324159652_1975bf16ec_o.jpg

I'll get some measurements done, but if anyone recognises them shout up - it raises the possibilty, which we've overlooked or already discounted, of using thinner guards and thus readily avail shells made for other buggies (prob never gonna be Sworkz thin though....)

Edited by capri-boy

Had a look at my spares, and it seems bar one dogbone and a shell, i have all the spares to rebuild the 7 but it does mean tearing apart the ST so i'll wait to get more parts in.

In the meantime i'm planning two buggy builds.

One will be a full race spec nitro - an SWorkz S350 BK1 Evo that I'm budgeting about

Edited by Pistonhead

I built myself a brand new brushless hyper, bought the parts off marderboy on eBay a few bits a week...took me a couple of months and it still isn't quite finished but it's that awesome new car smell that makes it worthwhile :D

Mines brushless & I was going to this one, I've already done the diffs & shocks but he wants to do it so he can spend the money lol

If I'd done it myself he would have wanted to buy it and for less than it cost me

Rob

What would one expect to pay for a roller or one that's running nitro currently? Either of the Hypers available really but I do like the Truggy.

Looking to get one and do a brushless conversion but the prices seem to range massively! I don't want to get stung...

What would one expect to pay for a roller or one that's running nitro currently? Either of the Hypers available really but I do like the Truggy.

Looking to get one and do a brushless conversion but the prices seem to range massively! I don't want to get stung...

Price can vary massively, from

Edited by capri-boy
  • Like 1

Cheers.

I've read a fair bit of the Hyper threads but i'll have to read them all and find out what to look for.

If anyone isn't in the market for one and could check one out for me, let me know, ta.

Cheers.

I've read a fair bit of the Hyper threads but i'll have to read them all and find out what to look for.

If anyone isn't in the market for one and could check one out for me, let me know, ta.

Cough cough, One of mine is in the FS section.  Cheap as it's not the tidiest but goes well, and needs to go too!

If your looking at a nitro to upgrade yourself then things like CNC knuckles / shock towers / big bore shocks / decent servo all add to the desirability and thus value..

If you're going for the truggy get the pro version if poss as you'll spend a ton of money on the CNC hop ups if you buy the RTR version and want to buy the nice/stronger bits at a later date.

• Like 2

If you're going for the truggy get the pro version if poss as you'll spend a ton of money on the CNC hop ups if you buy the RTR version and want to buy the nice/stronger bits at a later date.

He's right!! you only have to ask my wife how much I've spent on my ST cnc upgrades :36_11_6[1]:

I had seen that already capri-boy ;-) I'm being sensible and not buying anything just yet though as I need to be sure of what I want. I've been out with the Firestorm today and in all honesty, it does all I need. Some different tyres for the wet grass and jobs a good un. That still doesn't stop me wanting to add to the fleet, mind.

The kids have broken the Maverick, so that's now awaiting repair, along with their Colts. Maybe I should just buy them the Hyper!

I had seen that already capri-boy ;-) I'm being sensible and not buying anything just yet though as I need to be sure of what I want. I've been out with the Firestorm today and in all honesty, it does all I need. Some different tyres for the wet grass and jobs a good un. That still doesn't stop me wanting to add to the fleet, mind.

The kids have broken the Maverick, so that's now awaiting repair, along with their Colts. Maybe I should just buy them the Hyper!

Maybe!  They'll struggle to break a 7 to the same extent.  After that rubbish one went for

My new project / purchase

a hyper PBS.. 7.5? comes with a spider centre diff, CVD's all round. The 8 port engine and fastrax pipe.

I don't have a shell, but the xray xb8 shell fits with a bit of trimming, and I have a couple of those.

what do I need to know about the PBS version?

pics:

IMG_20150127_220744258_zpsgbzebedk.jpg

very clean underneath:

IMG_20150127_220802824_zpsy93meoie.jpg

Just got me another Hyper7 it's an older TQ in green, what engine size were they?

It'll be stripped, inspected and rebuilt before firing and the e clips removed as i have a full set of TQ2 hinge pins that i'll be fitting as well as ST Pro towers.

The diffs will also get serviced and filled with oil and i'll be going for 7k front, 10k centre and 5k rear. I found my old one was pretty sweet on that set up.

I don't think the list is updated anymore bud but welcome anyway :D

I didn't think it was but it's took me long enough to figure how to post pics so just thought I would post anyway lol