• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

anyone had a thunder tiger mt4 g3?

tanveer

I am hoping my hobbywing program card comes 2moro, i found one on ebay! hope it works!!

I took my G3 out for a spin earlier on an empty field and gave it some welly, my word she flies! The only thing i can see that would need addressing is the WIDE turning circle and the ballooning tyres, other than that its a great truck!

I hit a bump in the field and caught my first air! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heres is a pic of my repair to the pin problem, hopefully it wont happen again!!

edit- i have just checked the truck over and nothing to report back! yay i am going to a BMX dirt track 2moro! hope it doesnt rain!

1z1dzqc.jpg

2rn979k.jpg

Edited by snappy

hey JayJ

If i could have saved £150, mine would be blue too :) its a great truck! I have had mine out today, its sooo much fun!

My hobby wing program card came today but like Bueller, i am unable to get past step 5 WTF???

I still can't get mine to connect, WTF??

you have the USB one dont you? i was reading on the interweb that you should update the firmware on it before using it, maybe thats the problem? hope you havent got a dud one!

Im a miffed at why i can not get past step 5 using the program card, been looking on thweb for a solution but found nothing yet :(

How can i get my G3 turning more sharply? i have tried adjusting the toe out on the front, just waitin for the lipos to recharge before testing it out!

so all 3 of us have a hobbywing programmer yes? even tho it is just rebranded, could it be that our ESC's will only work with an ACE RC card?? might be just me being silly!

anyways, I have received the first damage to my truck today, only cosmetic really, I have a nice teeth mark in my windscreen from where my dog decided to give chase and attack when the battery died!! I guess thats what i get for chasing her around with the truck earlier in the day.

Looks like its going to rain any second now, so thats the end of fun for today!

Edited by snappy

Yeah but where the hell do we get Ace RC program cards/boxes?? Very disappointed with this side of the MT4, had a little run today and still having steering issues too. I put an XP DS1015 servo in it and the servo itself is fantastic, moves the wheels with no problems but the linkage obviously isn't right as I still have tighter turning to the left than the right??

Bueller that looks awesome fella, loving the GMC TopKick and those tyres are amazing!!

Did you spray that body up yourself, great job if you did mate!! :thumbsup:

Yeah i sprayed it myself,don`t look too close! I might have to trim a bit off the front wheel-wells though because the tyres are slightly wider than stock.how you gettin` on with your steering? Mine does the same but only when the suspension at the front is compressed in a certain position.And i`ve given up on the esc programming for now,i might email thunder tiger direct and see what they have to say.It`s a shame when they have a decent product with poor support in this country.

I was having a look at these so thought I would read the thread.

Noticed the grief you are having with the esc, just spoke to my friend over in China and he reckons that whilst the esc is 150amp and made by Hobbywing it is not the full fat version.

Could be early version 1's that Thunder Tiger have bought up and stuck the Ace RC badge on them and also had the settings etc turned off? Cant be 100% sure but let's be honest, it would not be the first esc that a manufacturer has had rebadged and the result ends up being not as good as the original :whistling:

Just to further confuse the issue, my mate has one of those BSD landripper things with a 80amp Hobbywing esc in it, that will not connect to the Hobbywing program cards but will allow full programming using the button on the on-off switch :huh:

Thanks for the info fella, sounds like it could be right although not totally fact based. There is def something amiss here, looks like us MT4 owners will either have to stick with the on/off swith programming button or upgrade the ESC to another. kinda sucks really, the only downside to a very nice truck! :(

Have to honest here and say I haven't tried setting the ESC with the program button, thinking I might have to try out and see how I get in? :whistling:

EDIT- Have used it to calibrate the ESC to use my Spekky DX3S.

Edited by JayJ

Today was a bad day,got a parking ticket then took the truck out,landed on its roof and broke a shock cap.Bodged it together but then the shock came off and this caused the rear cvd to shear off at the drive cup.So its sunny but no rc for me.And its my birthday....lame :xd: