• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 alternative?

Oh How Original

Well I kind of have my heart set on a Hyper 7, as something to just thrash around in my local quarry, but what are the alternatives?

Not on a budget as such, but not going to spend daft money on something that will no doubt end up broken.

Need something quite tough and rugged, with spares readily available.

Sorry mods, if this should be in the Wanted bit.

think Hyper 7 is a good choice mate,

Plenty of cheap spares easily available, strong,tough, loads of upgrade/hop ups too

quite a few for sale around the forum and Ebay at reasonable money too

Hey mate

i'm still a noob but if its a buggy you want and a bomb proof cheap to fix one you are best off with a hyper 7 even if you have to take the plunge and buy new. plenty of threads all over this forum singing their praise means you probably can't go wrong.

Thanks

jevan

Aye I know they are good like, and I'm actually bidding on one at then moment on eBay, but I was meaning as like a back-up, but not the same car.

But don't want to go like Hyper 8-9 etc....

Just wonderedif there was any other small tough buggies out there :D

I have a tmaxx if that's any good to you

PM me :)

id go hong nor mate bu tid go for a truggy if your going over very rough ground as you can have it sat higher than a buggy and the big wheels will also help although ive just got a hyper st pro and it looks well built and are supposed to be very tough,, but with a hyper or hong nor buggy or truggy spares are available very easily and aint badly priced either.

im sure whatever you decide on will put a huge smile on your face anywaygood.gifgood.gif

id go hong nor mate bu tid go for a truggy if your going over very rough ground as you can have it sat higher than a buggy and the big wheels will also help although ive just got a hyper st pro and it looks well built and are supposed to be very tough,, but with a hyper or hong nor buggy or truggy spares are available very easily and aint badly priced either.

im sure whatever you decide on will put a huge smile on your face anyway :good::good:

Already got a truggy mate, so after a buggy now :)

i now have this for sale aswell http://www.msuk-foru...eally-modified/ all you need is an engine, servo and tx/rx and 2 washers

Wouldn't know where to begin with fitting an engine, and sorting servos and things, looking for something that's running bud, cheers for the offer though :good:

hi mate I'm in same situation as you I know I'm getting a hyper But i'm damned if I know which one to get 7,7.5,black,8,9????

Well out of the Hyper range I'd go for a 7 just for bashing, with either a MAC 28 or Picco engine in it if you want extra speed.

Reason I made this topic is because with so many makes out there I just wondered if there was another good buggy.

Had an eBay search of Hong Nor and couldn't find a second hand one.

And also Kyosho, but again, nothing really about.

would you not go for the black? people have been telling me they have no end of problems with the 28 i don't know what to believe to be honest

Unless you had a standard one ported and polished?

It depends if you want mad speed, or strength and things, plus if you're only using it for bashing, you don't want to pay like