• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Snetterton Park Meet (On-road track)

willb

• 1 month later...

Maybe, I'll have to see if anything comes up. I'm actually going to be looking at a drift car that my old boss has, depending on if we can make a deal, I may have to try it out there.

Yeah, it's the same brand....it's a Driftmaster. It should be in pretty good condition, I think he said he only drifted on carpet when he was in Japan.

You'll need a 4-Tec then Danny!

Well, either we can go to Snetterton or if anyone is free, the Lincs guys are meeting at Bawsey on Saturday which is awesome, went there last weekend with them and the new site is so much better than where we used to run.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Going to try and breath some life into this thread for on road in East Anglia. As a prelude I am going over to the track tomorrow and have a look around, had a browse around the Internet and it has been used by the Iconic RC group this year, final time only just last month. 

The track is on the same site as SP Models, very large toy shop, they have just re opened their RC dept after a refurb, stocking HPI, Maverick and Traxxas.

Following up on yesterday's post, I managed to get over to a mild but windswept Snetterton Park just off the A11. The toy shop has not changed, massive halls/ hangers with sparse displays of over priced toys and gifts. They have re established their RC dept in the furthest hall, mainly stocked with Traxxas and HPI models, spares, batteries and nitro fuel. No staff seemed to around this area, so went in search around the main entrance to find out about the track.

The track is still open to the public, seven days a week, for the grand sum of £3.50 for half day. Electric, nitro and petrol all okay. They have closed access from the store, so back out the front and drive round to the side of building. There is enough parking around the track area, but the area needs some investment to return to its former glory, although the track in good repair and more than useable. Took a few pics, see below,

15345FBA-9B7D-467E-8430-45C981116230_zps

Goldeneye tank still stands guard at the front of the store.

618A95DC-FAC2-4B0F-95B4-EF653367E223_zps

4298DECA-B06F-42BD-9622-FD04D66E33B1_zps

6650A78D-ED63-4625-8828-4EC1FD610001_zps

Edited by QRC
More pics to attach.

• 1 month later...