• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X1 CRT Flea bay bargain

Hi guys, i won this crt on the bay for a grand £46, the seller listed it as a spares or repair, due to the fact it did not run, i went to collect it, and was told, it would start but there was no drive, so i got it home, threw in some fresh fuel, and sat it on my starter box, it started like a good un, but as the guy said, there was no drive, closer inspection, i found the spur was not meshed with the pinion, readjusted the engine and hey presto, it came with the pictured tx but no rx, however i have thrown my 2.4ghz in just to test it, i need to strip it down and give it a good clean yet hence the mucky pics, this is how it came

It came with a Force 28 mill, which has a broken cooling fin, and the owb is starting to slip, but apart from that she seems to have good compression, and fired up a treat on both the starter box and the pull start, the only other bad points i can see, is there a ton of play in the rear arms, the arms have a bout 1.5mm of movement backwards and forwards on the hinge pin, and the mount for the front top mount has a lot of play in, the arms are set on the middle hole of the front shock tower, il try raising them up to the next mount point, to see if this cures it

i gave it a couple of runs round, and it seems to go well enough, especialy into my ankle!!! the steerings a bit vague, although i have a power hd servo i can try, the front tyres baloon like crazy though when cornering on throttle, and there also seems to be a bit of slop in the front hubs, im torn between keeping it nitro, and converting my cr to brushless, or converting this one, i have a G2 beast combo which i wqas going to fit in the CR, will this be beefy enough for the crt, or should i be looking at something else if convert this, also any one any tips on what i should be looking at maintenance wise, shock oils/diff oil etc, what to replace on the hubs/arms to eliminate play, any help appreciated

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Edited by martleeds

getting the HN bug then mate lol

first off you need to give it a good clean and strip down, the play at the rear might be down to lost spacers to adjust the wheelbase on the pivot pin. you can view a ofna manual on the OFNA website, although the part numbers are different it will tally up the bits that might be missing, and it has good instructions on setups :good:

otherwise play is more than likely coming from spent bearings

as far as brushless coversions go you cant go wrong with a RC Monster kit.

Diff wise i use 50k, 500k,10k ......... i prefer a more solid center diff, a wiser choise ould be using a 50k in the middle too - but thats more my suggestion for brushless not nitro setup ^_^

WHAT THE HELL!!

all the times im looking for one, i go out for the night and it seems every ****er puts up bargins just to annoy me lol

but nice find :P

Haha cheers bud

awesome find mate ;)

Yeah, you should have hit the bid button mate :P

Cheers for the tips savage, il pull it to bits when the mrs is watching eastenders lol, better make a list and get on ebay, as ive already ordered the cr brushless conversion kit from okhobby.com, il leave the crt nitro, plus ive only just bought a starter box so no point wasting pennies there

Haha cheers bud

Yeah, you should have hit the bid button mate :P

Cheers for the tips savage, il pull it to bits when the mrs is watching eastenders lol, better make a list and get on ebay, as ive already ordered the cr brushless conversion kit from okhobby.com, il leave the crt nitro, plus ive only just bought a starter box so no point wasting pennies there

no worries fella, is it missing its radio box lid? im pretty sure i have one somewhere you can have for a few quid, also if you find any other bits your short of mate,

PM me a list and i can see what i can find for ya :good:

Haha thats the plan, in fact will the ok.hobby.com CR brushless conversion actualy fit the CRT, or are they different, as i have a CR conversion on its way, but im tempted to keep the buggy nitro and convert the CRT instead, oooh choices, i cant make up my mind lol

I think the buggy CD is much lower and smaller than the truggy one, so the motor mount will be lower for the buggy one. Not sure though...

To combat the tyres ballooning: Take the tyres off and turn them inside out, wrap duck tape round them (just once or twice) then turn them the right way round again and re-glue to the wheel.

:-)

D