• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

Hey guys might be off topic abit but I know how helpful you can all be with your wisdom what offset wheels would I need to fit the hpi 200mm scooby shell Part # hpi17525 to my tt01?

please stop spamming this everywhere, you have already had an answer on another thread!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys i have just bought a TT-01 chassis with most hop-up parts added, just wondering what motor and ESC to go for ? not using LiPo as my son will use the car while im away and dont want him charging up LiPo's

thanks for any info

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Personally If you are looking ot change the Motor I would go the whole hog and get a cheaper brushless system, from the likes of RCMart a reasonable system can be had from around

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, just bought a second hand TL-01 off ebay and think the ESC is shafted, so I'm looking for a new one.

Anyone got any ideas for a good ESC and a decent motor to go with it that's still in stock?

• 1 year later...

Hey all, just bought a second hand TL-01 off ebay and think the ESC is shafted, so I'm looking for a new one.

Anyone got any ideas for a good ESC and a decent motor to go with it that's still in stock?

Depends on your requirements, do you plan to use a lipo? Are you after brushed, brushless? Sensored, sensorless? How fast do you want it? 

For basic cheap brushed stuff I like the HPI Firebolt 15T only 

• 1 year later...

Well I have 2 TT-01's,

TT-01E for on road, got to decide on a body (using a tatty Ferrari at the moment) will probably go down the Toyota Supra route.

Spec:

Tamiya Aluminium centre shaft and drive cups

Tamiya metal diff outdrives on the front (have them ready for the rear when I get more CVD's)

3 Racing aluminium steering setup

3 racing CVD's front (will put them in the rear too at some point)

GPM servo mounts

GPM motor mount

Savox SC-0254

Radient Reaktor 3500kv 35a brushless combo (22/58 gearing)

Fully ballraced

Aluminium hexes of course

Well greased diffs

Needs: Oil shocks and a new body

IMG_20160327_1247141_zpssdbearzo.jpg

IMG_20160327_1158421_zps0qh0qric.jpg

IMG_20160327_1145321_zps9bgtb81k.jpg

IMG_20160327_1142341_zpsauirrevz.jpg

My normal TT-01 is being built in to a rally car, already cut the skids to allow more articulation and higher ride height, again will need CVD's all round. Already ball raced, going to be running a 4250kv 4-pole brushless system on stock gearing. Might go for a scooby shell for it, not decided yet. Metal outdrives for the CVD's already bought along with the same tamiya center shaft. Again oil shocks will be needed, 60-65mm not sure yet will need to measure up the travel first.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Sorry, I've been looking for you, but with no such luck. It seems to get a 48dp spur fitted to a TT-01, you need to adapt a spur from a different car, such as the Associated TC3/4. I wouldn't bother, really. Any reason you particularly want a 48 pitch spur? I found the standard TT-01 spur to be fine and simply bought an RW Racing steel mod 0.6 pinion from Modelsport. It's lasted years!

• Thanks 1

I was hoping to be able to use my stock of 48dp pinions, But after reading this and a few other threads i went ahead and got a RW racing steel one too, Arrived today and just fit it along with a new spur so all should be good now.
But i appreciate you looking for me aswell! 

• Like 1

• .AJ. unpinned this topic