• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

does the TT-01 use the same front wishbones as the TL-01?

i lost a screw that holds the hub to the wishbones on and looked at the bag of B parts on ebay for the TL-01 and its

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

So have build my TT01E, only the second model I have build from scratch (first being my Dark impact which I love). Am a bit dissapointed with the speed, am using the stock motor supplied with the model (Nissan Sumo Power). Which of the following would you experts choose as a replacement? (or others in same price range). Just so that you know initially I will be using the normal NIMH Tamiya type batteries so I want something that will work with them with a view to possibly going the Lipo route later.

Cheers

http://www.modelspor...oduct_id=368726

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=34310

PS. Should have mentioned also that I have already Ball raced it and added Oil Shocks and plan to get the Ally main shaft as well. Should I get the Ally steering linkages?

Edited by Mccolane

Just to report back, on my last Modelsport order, I picked up a cheap ESC and 20T motor and I can drift now, ok, let me re-phrase that, the car is driftable now! :D

Could actually use a little more power, I will prolly grab a 15T Firebolt on the next order, but my conclusion is the 6.5T was just far too mental for drifting, or at least for learning to drift with.

Check your diff bevels and diff pinions, i flattened off both diff pinions either end of the propshaft and took 2 teeth off the front diff in 1 run, even bent the propshaft and carved out where the prop cups sit in the prop channel, all in one bloody run, could barely get it above half throttle and was only running a 2s (5000mah 40c) and also went thru 3 or 4 spur gears. Dont bother with the white nylon 3racing spurs, melted the centre section that holds the drive pin to the rear prop cup clean off in half of 1 pack........

Well, if a 1:8 buggy diffset could fit with a dogbone centre shaft.........hang on, just thought, brainfart if you will.......ive got diff pinions from a mini inferno VE, just need the drive cups to the diff pinions to convert it to metal diff pinions instead of the plastic ones.........its a thought, diffs might fit too.......will look into it :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what other mod can be done to my tl01 skyline it has been fitted with an futaba steering (both) servo it has been fully ballraced and has silvercan 540 motor and a ripmax xtra no limit speed controler acoms receiver 27mhz and runs lipo battery? kinda new to electric car i allways had nitro.