• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Right I just bought another firestorm cheap and just looking over it and it has different rear arms and hubs to what I've seen before, any one know what they're off?

IMG-20200415-110704.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im sure its been discussed but cant find it- what do people get to upgrading the suspention, or do i just need to get the longer springs all round? do i get the same spring for all 4 corners?thank you any link? 

re the above my box said 50MPH?

6 minutes ago, SuperSwamper said:

Hi, 

This is my E-Firestorm owned firm new, upgraded with loads of Blitz ESE Parts and a Chinese brushless setup. Also my first ever go at painting a body shell. 

Still loving this truck! 

9740AE85-9BEF-4EF2-A3D7-6AE64772F21A.jpeg

Looks great 👍

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Smithy111 said:

I’m sure this has been covered somewhere but it’s a long thread! What are people doing for spur gears as they seem to be obsolete?

I've used ECX spurs as a direct replacement, though you'll need the slipper assembly too. Apparently the same can be done with some Arrma spurs

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I've been reading this thread for a while but can't find a definitive list of upgrades for a Firestorm Flux 10t, I have one thats stock at the moment but would like to upgrade before spring, does anyone have a list like the OP did for the original Firestorm?

I also saw some put a Hobbywing max10 in one, is that worth it, or another motor upgrade?

Thanks

Karl

4 hours ago, Voicon said:

Hi All

I've been reading this thread for a while but can't find a definitive list of upgrades for a Firestorm Flux 10t, I have one thats stock at the moment but would like to upgrade before spring, does anyone have a list like the OP did for the original Firestorm?

I also saw some put a Hobbywing max10 in one, is that worth it, or another motor upgrade?

Thanks

Karl

I'd say the only essential upgrade is a decent front bumper. Tbone is the best by far imo, but with the current situation ordering from overseas may not be practical so RPM would be my next choice. Once you have a decent bumper, just upgrade when/if they break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I'd say the only essential upgrade is a decent front bumper. Tbone is the best by far imo, but with the current situation ordering from overseas may not be practical so RPM would be my next choice. Once you have a decent bumper, just upgrade when/if they break.

Thanks, I am finding it difficult to find the RPM, modelsport have one in blue but I'd prefer black.

The tbone is $10 but the want $16 to ship it.

Edited by Voicon

1 hour ago, Voicon said:

Thanks, I am finding it difficult to find the RPM, modelsport have one in blue but I'd prefer black.

The tbone is $10 but the want $16 to ship it.

The Tbone is worth every penny. Most people seem to get on with the RPM one but I broke a few. Tbone are super tough, and come with a lifetime warranty (at least they did when I bought mine). If you manage to break one they'll send you another free of charge!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Afternoon Guys,
After some advice. I've just pulled my old Firestorm 10T Flux out of the loft after having some ESC issues a few years back.
I'd like to resurrect the old girl rather than buy a new RTR kit although if the upgrades compare to a new kit maybe that's the way forward...
Anyway, it's got the original Warp 5700KV motor and the Flux Motiv ESC, so i'd like to move to a new ESC, so maybe Hobbywing? Is there any motor and ESC combo's that people recommend for around £100? 

It's also still on 27MHZ with a rubbish controller so would like to move to 2.4GHZ, I was thinking of getting a DumboRC from banggood?

Thanks, Ali

1 hour ago, Pez1984 said:

Afternoon Guys,
After some advice. I've just pulled my old Firestorm 10T Flux out of the loft after having some ESC issues a few years back.
I'd like to resurrect the old girl rather than buy a new RTR kit although if the upgrades compare to a new kit maybe that's the way forward...
Anyway, it's got the original Warp 5700KV motor and the Flux Motiv ESC, so i'd like to move to a new ESC, so maybe Hobbywing? Is there any motor and ESC combo's that people recommend for around £100? 

It's also still on 27MHZ with a rubbish controller so would like to move to 2.4GHZ, I was thinking of getting a DumboRC from banggood?

Thanks, Ali

Maybe a Hobbywing combo like https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-3652sl-4000kv-brushless-motor/rc-car-products/420923

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...