• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Impressive! That's it? Seems you faired off quite well

And smashed one of the suspension mounts clean off, that's why I like my hpi firestorm, it takes so much bashing and still refuses to break !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Had it out today. Only damage was a couple popped turnbuckles. Showed a few losi 5ives up in a race too lol

I normally get that, I always carry a pair of pliers, that way I can just pop it back in.

I like losi 5ives but they weigh so much and that's why most cars will beat them in a race :)

Yea they are heavy. Had a Baja for a few years. Much quicker, but had a lot of mods. Looking to get into largescale again but may get the dbxl. Had a rip with one today and quite enjoyed it.

But the firestorm is easily the most durable rc I've owned to date. It really takes massive amounts of abuse and keeps coming back.

Yea they are heavy. Had a Baja for a few years. Much quicker, but had a lot of mods. Looking to get into largescale again but may get the dbxl. Had a rip with one today and quite enjoyed it.

But the firestorm is easily the most durable rc I've owned to date. It really takes massive amounts of abuse and keeps coming back.

Personally I think along with many other people think losi cheaped out on some of the parts, therefore reducing durability meaning more money is spent on parts to keep it running rather than upgrading it. If I was you I would go back to the Baja and get an ss rather than a 5ive or a dbxl

If I had the money to I would go into 5th scale, but I don't. But the firestorm is 1/8th lets be honest when you compare it to a 1/10th scale buggy or even desert truck its a lot longer.

It has been mentioned. But since then, battery options and sizes have changed. It also depends if you're using the standard battery latch or the taller 3s battery latch?

i have a floureon 5500mah 3s that fits in my firestorm, its tight, but works,

I agree that is probably the biggest battery you can fit without modding anything. [emoji4]

Edited by Jernst20

It has been mentioned. But since then, battery options and sizes have changed. It also depends if you're using the standard battery latch or the taller 3s battery latch?

Oh sorry I have the 3s battery strap

i have a floureon 5500mah 3s that fits in my firestorm, its tight, but works,

oh great! Thanks! Would it be possible if you could give me a link from where you got it from please?

Yeah that's true! I would just stick with the nano tech batteries but both the batteries have split the plastic case so it's showing the cells inside so I just wanted to see maybe if anyone knew wether they had problems with the plastic splitting on the Fluorine ones

Thank buddy! Are these batteries any good? I'm assuming that they are.

I own one of these and am very impressed, they last a long time and although they are soft packs, they are quite durable :)

I have had no problems with the plastic casing splitting.

Edited by Jernst20

Can someone tell me how the tbone bumper attaches to the rear of the truck? Going by the pics on the website it looks like they use the 4 bolts on the underside of the chassis but mine has a lip so I don't see how it would sit flush.

Cheers :)