• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Glad to hear it Damo. I didn't realise until I took the dead motor out and noticed it had 2 deep gouges in the casing. I was lucky it didn't cause more damage as it would have been pushing the motor to a funny angle. Come to think of it, I did strip a spur and some of the screws going in to the motor mount plate have lost their bite. Hmmm. Might just be the huge amount of abuse I put it through.

Funny you should mention the screws not having any bite.

My vehicle is new and has never been disassembled but I noticed that the longer screws in the bumper nearest the front just keep spinning when tightened fully. They're solid and not going anywhere though.

The 2 shorter hex screws nearer the back end are fine though, but they would be as they tighten down into the nyloc nuts that are recessed in the t piece (#80210).

Hope I made sense. Lol.

@damo could you not use the spurs from the blitz, you would need to use the blitz top shaft and slipper clutch assembly but you would then have the options of 77t, 83t and 88t. in the blitz manual online it shows the final drive ratio with 16t pinion all the way up to 34t.

Good idea, notfast.

I've already ordered myself some associated t4/b4 spurs and think that with some slight reaming they'll be fine as there's only 0.25mm shaft diameter difference between them and the stock 87t spur.

I'll order myself some of what you mention though as that would be ideal.

Will post my results with both methods when I get time.

I'm sure lots of people will benefit from it should they want to use a low Kv motor.

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk

well today was bad :( , breakages all round with the guys i bash with, today we broke a savage flux, a bullet flux and the firestorm :helpsmilie: not good as the bullets mine too !!

the firestorm damage was the chassis divider between the battery and servo, and the servo too - so i guess i need to follow the upgrade to my chassis as in this thread ( it wasnt even in a big impact )

other than that the firestorms now fixed - i have got the servo from a savage flux off one of the guys - so thats all good :good:

my tires are now changed to the rear pins all round - lets hope the next session is a bit more fun

Damo some info here:

Just completed my Spur gear conversion to use the Blitz Spur, encounted one problem which was the Blitz slipper requires 3 x pin, with 1 in the stock Firestorm, 1 in the Blitz Slipper set I was 1 short! I had to use a Tamiya one and cut about 3mm off the length with a dremel to make it fit. I'm using a 77t Spur and 30t pinion for some tarmac speed runs, I've left the flux motor in for one carefull 3s 11.1v run. Once the VXL 3500kv motors ready thats going in which should push it to nearly 70mph on 3s, the Flux 5700kv could have potential to hit over 100mph but I don't think it will have the torque to do this with the 30/77 gearing without frying itself.

Attachments Mk25452.jpg

found it on Rc universe's firestorm thread , have currently read 160 pages of the 360+ pages, good info.:good:

welcome shane. you will have loads of fun, did you get flux or brushed?

waiting for my ezrun to come through the post its been 13 days so cant be much longer to wait.

Nice find, notfast.

Seems there are a good few options available now.

These are;

1 Drill the associated t4 spur to 5mm for a perfect fit.... The associated spur is approx 4.8mm

2 Fit a 13mm x 5mm bearing inside the blitz spur for a perfect fit on the layshaft

3 - use a Losi kevlar spur with slight reaming to the mounting hole

4- extend the motor mounting holes

Thanks for taking time out to scan that thread, it must've taken ages. Lol

Lovin my E Firestorm, good fun even though its nowhere near as fast as my bullet - YET !!

nice stadium truck thats loads of fun and looks great

good thread guys :good:

What firestorm have you got? My firestorm flux made my Bullet Flux feel like it was brushed!

Nice find, notfast.

Seems there are a good few options available now.

These are;

1 Drill the associated t4 spur to 5mm for a perfect fit.... The associated spur is approx 4.8mm

2 Fit a 13mm x 5mm bearing inside the blitz spur for a perfect fit on the layshaft

3 - use a Losi kevlar spur with slight reaming to the mounting hole

4- extend the motor mounting holes

Thanks for taking time out to scan that thread, it must've taken ages. Lol

no worries, i was reading it for my own pleasure anyway. It would seem the bearing inside the blitz spur is prob best. Drilling a spur correctly would be a bit hit and miss for me personally. keep us posted!

Has anybody tried the blitz ese arms on a firestorm? Do they fit?

EDIT just read a thread further down on the leccy section where someone has done the above question!! That answers it for me!!

Edited by TheGava

Im Just starting the Process mate. Glad to see the finished product. I am now looking for all the electric bits i will need, considering i have never owned an electric i dont know where to start.

Hi Gavin,

Its good to see someone else is going to convert one :good:

From what iv found so far, a 3s lipo is a bit too long to fit nicely so I